Thank you for the inspiration.

Home Forums Construction Thank you for the inspiration.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Lawrence
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Basement Fly Guy,

I want to thank you for the inspiration to build my own cockpit.  I am about 85% complete at this point.  I will take some pictures and a video when it gets closer to finished.  I think my wife thinks I am crazy, but everyone who has seen it, loves it.

Thanks!

Andrew

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Thanks for this post. It was very nice to read. And for the record, I don’t think you’re crazy. I think it’s cool. I look forward to seeing pics.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Andrew Lawrence
    Participant

Thank you!  Unfortunately my father passed away suddenly on August 17th.  I have not been able to work on it too much since.  I have been busy dealing with things, plus he was a huge encouragement on this.  He loved all simulator stuff, so it has been hard to continue on with it.  I have been working on it a little here and there.  I will get pictures when I get a chance.

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

I’m very sorry to hear about your father. I can imagine how trying the time is. I look forward to photos when the time is right.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Andrew Lawrence
    Participant

About 90% done at this point.

Here are some pictures and a video.  I decided, for now, to use the simulated panel.  I had a IR touch screen add on for the 40″ monitor, but it will not fit on the 47″.  I will need to get another one.  It actually worked quite well for push buttons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8N6gMRgAN8

Andrew Lawrence
    Participant

Just an update on my sim. I have done a lot with it lately, and have it nearly where I want it. I upgraded the main monitor to a 58″ 4k TV.  I also have installed a Diagma panel using PanelBuilder for the gauges.  The Diagma panel has a real hood on it, so I put an LED strip on the underside, so that it is easier to see the switches and such.  I am now working on small details to make the interior look more real.

I will get some pictures and videos soon for you all to see.  I am really happy with the way it is coming out.

Andrew

Andrew Lawrence
    Participant

As promised, I finally had a chance to get some new pictures of my simulator. Still a little work to do, but mostly finishing stuff.

Let me know your thoughts!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    John
    Participant

Looks great!

Is that a mini keyboard on your yoke?  How did you attach it?

N916PP

Andrew Lawrence
    Participant

Yes, it is a mini 2.4ghz keyboard with track pad.  Useful when I don’t want the full size keyboard and mouse in the cockpit.  Mounted it with velcro tape.

Andrew Lawrence
    Participant

This forum is very slow moving.  Too bad, as building a simulator is fun!

Here is the newest video of my sim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec9rCg8HhEI&t=453s

John
    Participant

Looks great Andrew!  Hope to see more.

I am unable to continue by build at this time, but I like to keep up with others who do such a great job with the hobby.  Hopefully, I can get back to my build soon.

N916PP

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.