Panel Software?

Home Forums Software Panel Software?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Tony
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Currently looking into making a switch between P3d and XP 11.  In my current simulator I have two PC’s (1 for the simulator, 1 or my six pack and other gauges) I am using Simplugins Panel builder for the A2A Cessna 172 and it works OK for what I am doing though jumpy gauges  frustrates me at times.  As I look into transitioning from P3D to Xp11 are there any recommendations for alternatives?  I am open to pretty much anything but would really like to keep the two PC setup in place if possible since I am out of monitor ports on my main simulator PC.

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

I’ve used tablets (an iPad, but you could use Android as well) for the six pack and have had great success. Air Manager (which as a PC app as well) and RemoteFlight both make excellent apps, and it offloads the processing from the main PC. Russ Barlow, who produces Air Manager, comes by the site sometimes and may be able to tell you more.

RemoteFlight: https://remoteflight.net/

AirManager desktop: https://www.siminnovations.com/software/air-manager/about-air-manager

AirManager iPad: https://www.siminnovations.com/software/amipad/ipadabout

N15JG On PilotEdge

Tony
    Participant

Wow I totally forgot about the siminnovation products!  Thank you very much I am going to give it a shot tonight if I have a chance.

Spankybus
    Participant

Also, they guys who make ArdSimX also make a sim panel program.

SimVim

looks capable, but It’s for pvc only, I think. But as you are already using a separate system to drive your panel, have a look.

i will be trying air manager first once my panel is ready, but I will also test this when the time comes.

Tony
    Participant

Perfect thanks!  I haven’t heard of SimVim till now but the product looks really nice thanks for the reply I am going to check them out as well.

atcbill
    Participant

I use air manager right now and that works really well. If you use Spad.next to control your hardware, you can use their virtual gauges and put them on another device (pc/ipad/android). A separate subscription but I have surface pro running windows 10 that I think I will try it out on.

http://www.spadnext.com/discover/discover/virtual-fip.html

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Holy cow – I didn’t even know about the virtual FIPs. Looking into that today.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Paul
    Participant

What does FIP stand for ?

"It's a Squadron scramble sir"-"don't be wet, I'm still rebooting."

Paul
    Participant

Cannot edit the post but looking at it again I guess its Full Instrument Panel ?

"It's a Squadron scramble sir"-"don't be wet, I'm still rebooting."

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

FIPs are the flight instrument panels made by Saitek. More here. They are actually only about 1/4 inch thick and you can panel mount them. There’s a large market of custom gauges they can run in FSX, P3D, and X-Plane.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Yair
    Participant

…. Air Manager is a great product as long as you have some skills in graphic design and handling scrips, their gauges are superb and interface is evolving. If you have no desire or ambitions in getting into those realms, I think  Panel-Builder will be a better choice

Cheers

Yair

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Yair.
    Tony
    Participant

Big thank you to everyone who recommended Air Manager.  I got it installed, configured and running in about 30min and the difference between Air Manager and Panel Builder is night and day.  I can actually use my gauges for IFR flight now where Panel builder would give me such random and jerky movement I didn’t dare fly IFR.  So again big thanks to everyone!

-Tony

Yair
    Participant

oh yeah, AM is superb and easy to install, and use It is evolving and still kind of Pre-Mature I see the potential in this product. However, we need to bear in mind that: AM is one man or almost one man operation, mean we need to really on our Skills or the Good Will of the Community when it comes to new gauges or modifying existing ones. I’m flying the Carenado CT206H, and since I do not have the required Skills to create or modify gauges .. so no use for me (-:

Cheers

Yair

Tony
    Participant

oh yeah, AM is superb and easy to install, and use It is evolving and still kind of Pre-Mature I see the potential in this product. However, we need to bear in mind that: AM is one man or almost one man operation, mean we need to really on our Skills or the Good Will of the Community when it comes to new gauges or modifying existing ones. I’m flying the Carenado CT206H, and since I do not have the required Skills to create or modify gauges .. so no use for me (-: Cheers Yair

Yup agreed! I am in the same position I don’t understand the scripting side of it.  Not that I can’t learn but I will probably lean on the community quite a bit for help.  As for the graphic design side of things I am not as worried that I can work on over time.  Though for now I fly the Cessna 172 100% of the time so what I have is working well for me.

Looking to try out a low wing maybe this weekend see how far I get with gauges and configurations should be a fun challenge for me.  I also want to go back to xp11 and see if I can get all of the graphics to work. I have had no luck at all with orthos.  And without them xp11 looks really bad IMO.

N538TM
    Participant

oh yeah, AM is superb and easy to install, and use It is evolving and still kind of Pre-Mature I see the potential in this product. However, we need to bear in mind that: AM is one man or almost one man operation, mean we need to really on our Skills or the Good Will of the Community when it comes to new gauges or modifying existing ones. I’m flying the Carenado CT206H, and since I do not have the required Skills to create or modify gauges .. so no use for me (-: Cheers Yair

Yup agreed! I am in the same position I don’t understand the scripting side of it. Not that I can’t learn but I will probably lean on the community quite a bit for help. As for the graphic design side of things I am not as worried that I can work on over time. Though for now I fly the Cessna 172 100% of the time so what I have is working well for me. Looking to try out a low wing maybe this weekend see how far I get with gauges and configurations should be a fun challenge for me. I also want to go back to xp11 and see if I can get all of the graphics to work. I have had no luck at all with orthos. And without them xp11 looks really bad IMO.

<input type=”hidden” value=”1965″ />

<span class=”vortex-p-like-counter 1965″>0</span>

The air manager community are a good bunch of people willing to help anyone with a question.  I know this first hand because I wanted to create gauges for the A2A Comanche but had no prior scripting knowledge at all and very little photoshop experience.  Just asking questions on the forums and reading Ralph’s tutorials I was creating them in no time.    I got the bug and created gauges for the Duke, and the Texan which I uploaded to the store.  Once you get the basic’s down it takes no time at all.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.