GA Insturment Panel with Arduino

Home Forums Avionics & Controls GA Insturment Panel with Arduino

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tony
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Not sure where this post belongs.  since it fits it a bunch of diffren’t categories.  I am working on building out an instrument panel beyond just having a screen in front of me.  I am looking to actually and in a face plate with bezels and rotary encoders.  I have picked up an Arduino board as well as a few encoders to play around with.  I have decided to go with MobiFlight as the interface software since it will do pretty much anything I can throw at it for my simple project.

I am just reaching out to anyone who has gone down this path and what I need to look out for or any concerns or corners i might be painting myself into with the above mentioned products.  At this point I have been able to flash the Arduino and program a rotary encoder to adjust the barometric pressure / altimeter which works extremely well in flight.  I forgot to mention I am using P3Dv4 with the A2A172.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Tony.
    Alan
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Hi,

The Arduino development boards are great for sims. Have you checked out ArdSimX? The folks that put it on have developed an entire Beechcraft Baron 58 sim complete with bezeled instruments, rotary encoders, LED radio outputs, etc., and the guide on the website is pretty comprehensive, and very current (latest posts at the time of this writing are only a few days old, Oct 2017).

Only thing for you would be this: the programmers are programming it for X-Plane 11 only.

I don’t “own” anything on the site, nor am I involved in the project – I’m not trying to promote a product here. However, I found it to be a nice resource that you could certainly check out for ideas, if you’d like.

http://simvim.com/ardsimx/

Hope that helps!

-Alan

Tony
    Participant

Perfect thanks so much Alan!  This is exactly what I am looking for Xplane or P3Dv4 the theory and execution is about the same.

-Tony

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.