I’ve commented before that while World2XP America is excellent for increasing the accuracy of the underlying street-level data in X-Plane 11, much of the autogen it uses are still too european in look and placement. Now X-Plane.org user slai has released his US West “Real Life” package to close this gap. From his description at the .org:
This world2xp scenery covering Western US from Los Angeles to Denver, utilizes a focused set of locally flavored HD photoreal textured objects and facades against an extensive heuristic rule set extracting a maximum amount of OSM tag info to produce real life scenery across a vast area. Mixed with LR autogen buildings and houses using smart exclusions. Includes scrub and wetland areas but relies on the underlying mesh (highly recommend HD Mesh V3) for roads and wooded forests.
What gives USA West its distinctive flavor?
- Fast-food restaurants galore including In-n-Out Burger
- Parking garages and lots filled with lots of vehicle makes
- Gas stations, gas canopies, mini-marts, car wash
- Starbucks, Costco, Whole Foods, Home Depot, mini-mall stores, sprawling malls complexes
- Very small to large ranch style homes, swimming pools, Row homes in San Francisco, town houses, apartment/condo complexes, apartment buildings
- High rise towers with helipads, low rise office complexes, light industrial buildings, warehouses
- Power substations, waste treatment plants, water towers, wind turbines, construction zones, quarry’s
- Lighted navigational beacons, buoys, lighthouses, piers
- Dedicated facades and objects for Hotels, Universities, Schools, Hospitals, Government, Banks, Retail, Commercial, Industrial, parks
Like so much of the X-Plane universe, this add on is free. The reviews so far are fantastic and I’ll be downloading it tonight. If you do as well, be sure to follow his directions, especially if you already use World2XP America.