X-Plane GNS 530 Prototype Ready, ArdSimX

Home Forums Avionics & Controls X-Plane GNS 530 Prototype Ready, ArdSimX

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Spankybus
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

So I have been working on my own GNS 530 unit for usage with XP11. it works via ArdSimX (open source interface for Arduino and XPlane) and so far, it works! This is my first foray into this kind of stuff.

If you would like to see the process of how this was made, please visit my Portfolio Site with Blog.

GNS 530 for XP11 via ArdSimX

• This topic was modified 7 years ago by Spankybus.
    Stephen
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Did you 3d print the bezel and buttons or buy it from somewhere? Look great though. Nice work.

Spankybus
    Participant

backplate, front case, and the visible buttons are all 3D printed. the knobs were not printed. at least not yet 🙂

Printed circuit board was my design but I had it made. once my printer has a multi-material head, might try using conductive PLA and see if I can print my own boards.

Switches, caps, screen and encoders were all purchased. I might have to find another source of encoders as the lack of a 3D model from teh part manufacturer makes designed for them harder.

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

This is so cool …

N15JG On PilotEdge

aussieflyer
    Participant

Great work on the 530! I’m also in the process of building a similar 530 GPS. Just wondering how you export the GPS 530 image (Screen image only-No bezel) from X-Plane 11 to the 5″ screen?When I drag it to my 5 inch screen it has the whole GPS including bezel, I only want the GPS screen itself.

My 530 is made from 3 laser cut pieces of 3mm acrylic glued together and a laser engraved face plate. It runs on a Leo Bodnar board & electronics and an eBay 5″ screen.

530-2
    530-4
    530-1
    530-3

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Stephen
    Participant

Outstanding work Aussieflyer! Well done!

Stephen
    Participant

Spankybus: Next question- would you sell one? I may be in the market later this year

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Stephen.
    Spankybus
    Participant

Spankybus: Next question- would you sell one? I may be in the market later this year

<input type=”hidden” value=”2471″ />

<span class=”vortex-p-like-counter 2471″>0</span>

Sure. I will have to sort out the cost as I kind of lost account on my expenses while making it lol obsession has its price, I guess. Will check and get back to you.

aussieflyer
    Participant

How did you export the screen in XP11 so it only displays the screen info (No Bezel)? Thanks

Alan
    Participant

Aussie Flyer –

How did you get the text on top of the buttons you used for your 530 GPS? Looks like they’re specially printed?

Input appreciated. Thanks!

O Ben-Ad
    Participant

How did you export the screen in XP11 so it only displays the screen info (No Bezel)? Thanks

<input type=”hidden” value=”2511″ />

<span class=”vortex-p-like-counter 2511″>0</span>

————————————————————————————————————-

Wonderful.

Drop me a message when you out it on shelve for sale.

And yes, which piece of software you are using ?

Would this fit GoFlight Instrument case, would be great if yes  ???

Reg

Yair

yba56@hotmail.com

Spankybus
    Participant

GPS finalized.

Audio Panel as well, KMA30-ish

GPS and Audio Panel

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Spanky, that is fantastic work!

N15JG On PilotEdge

Bob Clement
    Participant

Wow fantastic work I Want IT.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.