Start building Cessna cockpit

Home Forums Videos & Photos Start building Cessna cockpit

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    JeDa
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Hi Pedro,

thank you very much! It works great.

aligning screens with different size is difficult. My front screen is also not perfectly aligned. Use disproportial view helps, but you have to use maximum of 10 degrees. Otherwise the objects will look funny…..

do you have a movie of your cockpit?

My YouTube movies Click

Pedro J Monroig
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

I do not have a video, see the images still building it and learning from all of you how to improve from prototype to a final design. I will redo the panel with an aluminum plate 4 mm alumax to better locate the encoders, will eliminate the square over the yoke and change color. I received a black rubber to make the top of y panel. cover the ceiling and order my projector i waited for the release of the Optoma gt1080 dardee, but its in backorder. i had a 55 for front screen but damaged and took this 40 from my RV. I ordered several electronic parts from china to build my radios,with Mobiflight, there is a guy that posted his project there. His design is fantastic but is not complete, so i will need to ask help from my friends and practice electronics again. After i get my projector and set the views, finish my radio set, then I will start making the instruments following an example posted in ardsim forum. I will buy a 3D printer to make my bezels, also a guys posted the project and the files in ardsim.I will try do one at a time to not lose my time.

have good day

Can you share where you purchase your gauge panel?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    JeDa
    Participant

Hi Pedro,

your panel looks great! I bought mine second hand. Its an old model, I don’t think it’s still available. My bezels are from cups which I cut of and painted black. They’re not great but are fine for now.

This is a movie of my testflight.

edit: I found out that the panel I have is still availabe and has a discount of about 200 USD.

http://www.simkits.com/product/trc-372-panel-painted-and-printed/

My YouTube movies Click

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by JeDa.
    JeDa
    Participant

Hi,

I did some work on the panel. I added knobs to the rotary encoders and I tried to improve the radio stack. I would love to buy a complete stack from simkits or flight illusion but I don’t have the money. I still have the saitek radio panel but I don’t use it because it is far too big. So I thought why not resizing it. It took some time and a little bit of soldering but I think it looks much better now it is smaller. I will also mod my autopilot panel and perhaps also the switch panel, I want to remove the gear handle.

The radio panel now looks like this:

I have to put it in the panel, I will shoot another movie when it’s done. I also have to paint the rotary knobs black.

My YouTube movies Click

JeDa
    Participant

I installed the modified radio, still have to adjust some things. I let the AI do a test 😉

My YouTube movies Click

JeDa
    Participant

Two updates:

1. I finally finished the 4 air vents
    2. I got a Lua script to adjust the speed of the rotary encoders

My YouTube movies Click

JeDa
    Participant

https://youtu.be/s_xXeYJeKEc

My YouTube movies Click

JeDa
    Participant

My YouTube movies Click

JeDa
    Participant

My YouTube movies Click

JeDa
    Participant

My YouTube movies Click

Lo wie
    Participant

Hey JeDa,

Looks really cool! Great progress.
    My current progress is still lacking, due to the warm temperatures outside it is also making the attic too warm inside. So enjoying the pool at the moment 😉 But still need to finish my panel with the “afplakfolie” and create the skin of the aircraft.

L.

JeDa
    Participant

I realigned the screens. It’s a small improvement I think.

My YouTube movies Click

JeDa
    Participant

My YouTube movies Click

JeDa
    Participant

And part two…..

My YouTube movies Click

JeDa
    Participant

My YouTube movies Click

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.