Sim almost finnished

Home Forums Videos & Photos Sim almost finnished

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ivo
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Pit is almost finnished, bezels for gauges are 3D printed, and the beamer mounted on a sliding system

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Alan
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Did you print the 3d bezels yourself? I am building a Baron 58 cockpit and am just starting on the dash.

Ivo
    Participant

Hi Alan,

i printed them myself, on a Wanhao i3 plus,

and in the bezels mounted a transparant plexy disk  that I made on my home made  cnc machine, but this cnc broke down,  so can not use it anymore.

the gauges are from airmanager, I like them, but the monitors that run them are very old 15″ 4/3 monitors, and the image quality is poor,

not part of your question, and of topic, but in the mean time desided to,move the pit, the room is so small , it is very difficult to sit comfy , hardly place for the pc’s.

also the visual system with 100″ projector screen and 42″ tv’s is very hard to get right, it looks distorted.

so planning forca curved screen and 3 beamer setup, in a yet to be made simroom .

I love the dash, but far more complicated to build I guess, unless you go the path of all touchscreens?

Alan
    Participant

Yeah, a touch panel would be nice to have. I originally thought about making a modern baron 58 with a g1000 and a garmin 750. It would be much easier to setup but I want to use my sim for training for a baron 58 that the company I work for leases. I’ll make a post about my panel as soon as I get a little further on the project. For now I am working on the audio, radio, garmin 530, transponder, and autopilot panels. I am using balsa wood to make for forms as I don’t have access to a 3d printer. Once I get the form for each one I will cut the holes for buttons, lights and encoders and get them wired up via arduino. Project for this week is making my audio panel.

Ivo
    Participant

samenvoegen-metaal

nieuwe-uitvoering-4

I have te oportunity to move to a room where I can build a curved screen with a diameter  of 10 feet, so made a drawing of how It should be.

construction will be in aluminum , just as the new shell.

keep you posted.

ivo

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.