Side Monitor Resolution

Home Forums Construction Side Monitor Resolution

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brian Hedrick
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Afternoon Everyone!

Wanted to ask everyone their though S on the resolution of the side monitors. Is 1080p absolutely necessary or would 720 be enough and, if 720 on the sides, would that look horrible with a 1080p front view?

Thanks so much and awaiting all input…

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

I tried 720p and found it looked appreciably worse, and I received no frame rate benefit either (in X-Plane). So for me it wasn’t worth it. But that was on my rig and for my taste. Try it both ways and see what you think.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Dennis Wierzbicki
    Participant

FWIW, I have tried 720 and 1080p side 32″ monitors. The 720’s were pretty cheap – somewhere around $125 each, and the 1080p screens are around $200 each. As reported above, there was no frame rate advantage seen, and the image quality was a lot worse, including the more limited viewing angle of a typical cheap 720 screen Vs the 1080p’s.

Brian Hedrick
    Participant

Thanks.  Yeah, that’s what I figured.  As I haven’t yet purchased my side monitors I was hoping you were all going to say to get the 720’s but looks like I’m going to still be trying to source some 1080’s as cheaply as I can.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.