Side Monitor Placement

Home Forums Construction Side Monitor Placement

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brian Hedrick
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Hey BFG, hope your week has gotten off to a great start.  Had a question on the placement of your side monitors.  I realize that the answer may depend on the actual width of my 32″ monitors compared to what you have, but do you have your monitors centered over the 2 10″ posts on either side or are they positioned more toward the front or back of the sim?

Thanks as always!

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Hi and thanks. They are centered over the posts (or close to it). Someone asked about the window dimensions and where they are relative to the cabin, and I answered that, but can’t recall where. Might have been in the comments for the main blog? Might do a search on “windows” and see if you can find it. But the bottom line is that the windows are closer to the front of the cabin than the back …

N15JG On PilotEdge

Brian Hedrick
    Participant

Anyone have any good tips/tricks/advice on cutting the holes for the side windows?  Not really sure the best way to go about measuring correctly to ensure only the screen is visible and no bezel as well as getting the holes cut out in just the right section of the plastic sheet so I don’t have to go out and buy more sheets until I get it right :-).  Thanks for any advice/best practices that anyone has on this.

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

I was just very careful. I used a large metal T-Square to trace the windows on the plastic sheets in pencil, then cut carefully. I also then put automotive window edging over the cut edges to cover my less than perfect cuts.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.