RemoteFlight on Windows 10

Home Forums Software RemoteFlight on Windows 10

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dennis Wierzbicki
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Hey, guys. For some reason, my posts keep getting deleted. Advanced apologies if this ends up being a multiple post.

I’d been using RemoteFlight (iPad app) for my radio stack and occasionally for my 6 pack on my old MacBook Pro with X-Plane 10. It was pretty easy to get RemoteFlight Server up and running, and get the RemoteFlight Server plug-in installed. I’ve just acquired a Windows 10 machine, purchased expressly for running X-Plane 10. Now, however, I can’t get the dang thing to work. I’ve downloaded and installed RemoteFlight Server and something called “XPUIPC”, but try as I might, I can get the plug-in installed, can’t figure out the moving targets that are IP addresses, etc. This reminds me why I dislike Windows computers so much.

This is what the XPUIPC web site says:

Ok, then X-Plane came along the way. Natively it has two possibilities to access flightsim values:
    -Via UDP datagrams on a IP interface

-Via datarefs from a plugin; A plugin is like a dll running in the context of X-Plane.
    And then I thought wouldn‘t it be nice to use the MS FS addons with X-Plane….. To achieve that I created the XPUIPC plugin. To the outside world it has the same IPC interface like FSUIPC and I coded the same offsets into it, means under offset 0x570 + 8 byte you will find the same value like in MS FS. So if you fire up your favorite MS FS FSUIPC addon it will most likely work with X-Plane again. The XPWideClient is the pendant to the WideClient of Peter Dowson.

At first I chalked this up to a language thing, as the author isn’t native English speaking…then I dug further and realized this is just not easy to understand – period.

Any suggestions?

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Presuming you did this (from his website) …

INSTALLATION / X-PLANE ON WINDOWS

• Download XPUIPC (development version) from the link here.
    • Install the plugin according to its readme instructions.
    • Start X-Plane and verify that XPUIPC item is available in Plugins menu.
    • Start RemoteFlight SERVER app, and click Start server.
    • The server should now connect to X-Plane

If you did not closely follow the readme for XPUIPC you will have problems. They are:

0. Remove the old xpuipc.xpl file and the XPUIPCOffsets.cfg file from the \Resources\plugins folder. Remove the old xpuipc.ini, xpuipc.log and XPUIPC.txt from the root X-Plane folder.
    1. This is now a fat plugin. It's everything in the XPUIPC folder (XP9 32bit, XP10 32bit and XP10 64bit). Just take the entire folder and drop it into the \Resources\plugins folder of X-Plane. DON'T make an own folder structure or change the XPUIPC folder.
    2. Edit the server address in the XPUIPC.ini file, located now in the XPUIPC folder, first. Put in the IP address of the PC where X-Plane/XPUIPC is running: (e.g. Server Address = 192.168.1.20).
    3. If you have a customised XPUIPCOffsets.cfg file put it into the XPUIPC folder now.
    4. Start your X-Plane version now.
    5. If it is loaded please go to the plugins menu on the right and check if there is a menu item XPUIPC. If it is there everything is fine. In the XPUIPC menu you can check under "XPUIPC Version and Info" which version it is and who is connected via IP.

If you don’t know the IP address for your machine it will tell you on the networks configuration setting in Windows 10. You also need to enter the IP address for the RemoteFlight server into the settings on the RemoteFlight app on the iPad – this may be a different IP address than your machine. These are his instructions (and of course, your flight sim has to be running):

N15JG On PilotEdge

Dennis Wierzbicki
    Participant

Thanks! That’s pretty much what I did. I contacted Vlada and he says he’s going to submit step-by-step instructions to me, too.

I could never get the XPUIPC to show in the Plug-in list on XP11.

I’ll come back here if I have any success or if Vlada provides anything else useful.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.