Our Sim is coming together.

Home Forums Construction Our Sim is coming together.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jeff
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Now we’re getting to the fun stuff this weekend, which my son has been looking forward to.  What started out as a project for my son and I has turned into a family project.  My wife is more detail oriented.😀

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Joseph Kerr
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Jeff,

The sim looks great, I am happy to hear that your family has taken interest in the construction!

Joe

Corey
    Participant

Looks great!  I am trying to figure out how I am going to FIT the tvs onto the frame without them tipping or falling over though?  Using the exact diagram, it just doesnt look stable….

Any tips?

Thanks,

Corey

Jeff
    Participant

Thanks!  Sure, once you set the TV’s on the 2×4’s you’ll use the corrugated plastic to hold them in, cutting the holes for the front and also for the back of the TV to stick out a bit, which also allows for ventilation.  You can cut them so the front trim of the TV will be covered by the plastic on the top, bottom, etc. which is enough to hold them in place and keep them from falling forward.

Jeff

Jeff
    Participant

Well our sim is pretty much complete, with just some of the detailing to come at a later date.  Lilliput is on order and will be installed in the opening on the right side of the panel.  My wife, who is more crafty and patient than me, is going to finish the glare shield this week.  Once I remembered about the Cessna that BFG shared the link for it finally came together as far as the visuals.  Have an issue where the radio doesn’t always turn on with the power switch but I can deal with that.

I’m looking forward to getting more involved in the forums as I learn more about using the Sim.  I want to thank BFG for creating this site, which my 11 yr old son found and was the inspiration for our realizing that this was even possible.  Also want to thank BFG for the continued help along the way.

My son hadn’t been able to fly until a couple of years ago and has only flown twice commercially.  I’ve arranged a flight with a local instructor this Sat so he can fly in a Cessna to better understand the mechanics of flying in the Sim.  He’s excited about it and to be honest I am too since it’s been around 10 yrs since I’ve been up in one.

Anyway, thanks again and we’ll see on you on Pilotedge in the near future.

Jeff

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    pablo
    Participant

Esta quedando de maravillas, yo arme el mio ya hace tres meses, me demoro dos meses su construccion y cada dia le agrego algo diferente, muy contento y lo disfruto mucho. Lo mas facil es armarlo, los dolores de cabeza vienen con la configuracion y lograr que todo funcione!

Les dejo el link de mi pagina para que lo puedan ver:

https://www.facebook.com/Recto-y-nivelado-228350670989896/?ref=settings

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Hey, Jeff – I know it’s been several months, but how was the flight?

N15JG On PilotEdge

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.