OTG Scenery Page

Home Forums The Hangar OTG Scenery Page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

I’ve put up a page that lists the custom scenery I’ve built in one place. It’s in the main menu of the site, and you can also find it here.

N15JG On PilotEdge

P
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Any chance you can make a video on Airport editing, atop Ortho4XP scenery?   I absolutely LOVE photo-scenery, but the airports I frequent are still… lacking?

You seem to be able to churn these suckers out in no time!  What’s the process?

Thanks!

P

(aka Rooster Cogburn)

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Rooster. There are a lot of videos on the process out there and I don’t think I’d add much to them. YouTube has a lot of support, and X-Plane.org has an entire forum devoted to scenery design.

A couple of thoughts for you, though. First, the airport editing and photo scenery don’t have much to do with each other. A custom airport will sit on top of whatever scenery you have underneath, be it default or photo.

To get started I suggest making an airport and learning the tools. You don’t ever need to upload it anywhere if you don’t like it as it will just sit in your own Custom Scenery folder.

First, download WED from X-Plane’s website. This is the scenery design tool. It’s really pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it and its tricks, and if you’ve used PowerPoint it’s not unfamiliar. This page will help you get started.

Second, to make your taxiways, runways, hangars etc. match the real world (as well as your orthoscenery) use a little Java app called WEDBing (and now called WED-O-Maker … it looks like I need to download the update it). It actually downloads the Bing orthoimages and places them as an underlay on top of what your doing in WED – which means you can place things just where they should be in the real world.

Pick a local strip where you like to sim and give it a shot. It’s easy, and it’s free.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Jason Hunter
    Participant

Hi guys can some one make me some custom scenery for parafeild airport in adelaide souyh australia. With airport thanks guys

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.