Oculus Touch Sensitivity

Home Forums Virtual Reality Oculus Touch Sensitivity

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brian Hedrick
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Greetings and happy Saturday to the forum…

Has anyone figured out a way to reduce the sensitivity of the Oculus Touch controllers?  It is driving me nuts when trying to tune radios, etc. as I can never stop at just the right frequency, unless I’m lucky or keep a SUPER steady hand.  Same when tuning altimeter, altitudes, etc.  Tuning the heading bug is fine.

Any help anyone can provide would be great as I’m loving flying in VR except for this small annoyance.

Thanks and Happy Flying!

Peter Spencer
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Sorry for the long wait in responding. I saw this a while back.
    The short answer: Yes there is a way to alter the sensitivity, but it’s a little tricky if you’re not used to it.

First, you need notepad++, regular notepad won’t work… it’s a free download.

Next you’ll need to find where the manip instructions are in either the cockpit obj file or the vrconfig file for that plane (or both).

If it’s in the vrconfig for that plane, then you can add or modify the DEG_PER_ACTION line with a number representing the angle of wrist movement needed to make the next click. You can tweak it, the higher the angle, the less sensitive it is. If it’s not in the vrconfig file, then you need to put the adjustment instructions into it and relate it to the obj file line instruction to do this transformation.

It’s tricky if you’re not comfortable with code; but I found videos by SimVRlabs on the topic to be extremely helpful in learning about it, and with this information I converted the Yak-55M to be more suited for VR use. Here’s a link to his channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ9uMfY-DuoxNy9w4TdtWsA

However keep in mind that for the fine tune on the com, not being sensitive enough is equally as frustrating!

FYI- if your interested, here’s my Yak-55M VR conversion:
    https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/46306-yak-55m-vr-conversion-v1/

Demo video:

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

There’s also a post in the VR forum at X-Plane.org that has code you can paste into your VRconfig files … worked great for me.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.