My Sim build so far…

Home Forums Construction My Sim build so far…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Corey
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Well, I think I am “almost done!”….

I havent set up the computer yet, and I know that will take some tweaking, but the actual construction is coming to an end….

I will say this…It was alot of work…especially the inside walls…PITA! lol

I still have to add the led lighting as well, but almost done… 🙂

C

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Corey
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Attachments:
    Corey
    Participant

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Corey.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Corey.
    Attachments:
    Alan
    Participant

Looks great so far! I just built my frame and am slowly buying electronics for it. What generation IPads are you using? I have a spare computer monitor that I’ve thought about using for my instruments but I’ve been playing around with air manager on an ipad as well.

Corey
    Participant

Hi…Ipad 2s for all three displays…they work great with RF Cockpit,  I cannot for the life of me get Air Manager to sync tothe sim….???

Also, and I will post this as a seperate post…HOW THE HECK to I get my side tvs to properly align with my front view projector…I have been trying for a WEEK and just can get it lined up right?

I am using FSX: SE edition and the default C172

Thanks

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Corey, I don’t use FSX, but if it’s anything like P3D might this help?

How To: Creating Custom Cameras In Prepar3d V3 (Especially For Three-Monitor Setups)

N15JG On PilotEdge

C152 Steve
    Participant

Fantastic Sim! I noticed you are using 34mm x34mm beams… doesnt it wobble from side to side? When you are flying does it move so as to cause the projector to wobble as well?

Chris
    Participant

Looks great.  Im still a little confused with the side tv’s. I noticed that they are sitting on the two up rights, but what have you done to secure the TV at the top.  I can see two little black tabs protruding from the top of the TV.  Any other photos of the side tvs

Corey
    Participant

Hi all,

Sorry for the delayed responses.

Basement Fly Guy – Thanks.  Since moved on to XP11.  So all good with the views.

C152 Steve –  It was a bit wobbly so to speak, but we added some more wood to the frame and stabilized it, along with the corregated plastic “skin”, it is pretty stable now.  Also, we do not use a projector – we use a curved 55 inch 4K tv.  Works great.

Chris – We have the TVs held in by the corregated plastic “skin” on the sim.  If I were to do it again, I would make something a bit more stable.

Alan D. Rhodes
    Participant

Hi Corey,

I have been following your sim build, and bought a 55″ Sceptre as well.  I am driving it with an iBuyPower with an i7 7700, 16gb RAM and a GTX 1080, so I should have plenty of horsepower.  Running X-plane on a regular monitor I get between 95-105 fps, but when I connect the Sceptre TV, it drops to the mid 40s and seems a little jerky.  Just wondering if you had the same issue and how you configured your TVs.  I fear when I add the two 32″ side TV’s it will drop more. any advice or info on graphics setting, which HDMI port to use, etc would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Every monitor you add in XP is going to cut into the overall frame rate. 90 FPS in one monitor will equal about 30 in three …

N15JG On PilotEdge

Alan D. Rhodes
    Participant

Yup, that’s what I am seeing.  With 3 TV’s and a few plugins I am getting 28-32, but it seems smooth enough for now.

Thanks.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.