My own Instrument panel

Home Forums Videos & Photos My own Instrument panel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeff
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

I built this from a sheet of aluminum and fiberboard. Took me two days. And yes, I know, it looks like it, lol.

JeDa
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Looks great Jeff! I am also trying to build a new panel. Your video gives me a lot of inspiration, many thanks!

My YouTube movies Click

Jeff
    Participant

Glad to hear it Jeroen. I tried to keep it simple and inexpensive as possible. The sheet aluminum was $20 and the 3/8 inch fiberboard was like $5. I think when I build my next one, I will use 1/2 inch plywood or CDX to back the aluminum to make the whole thing stronger. You know, I just measured the width I had available on the desk, made sure the 22 inch monitor for the gauges and the Saitek panels fit, and guessed at the height and that’s what I initially cut out the panel at. I cut the aluminum sheet a couple inches longer and higher and used a small hammer to bend it around the fiberboard. So with that and the screws around the edge, it all became one.

When I test mounted it to the desk with the monitor on the wall and sat down, I realized I had cut it too high as I could only see part of the screen on the wall. Which was good, better than too short. So I simply cut 2 inches off the top and I was in business. I’m actually planning to build another one. Already have a number of ideas for improvements. Good luck with your project when you start it. It was actually fun building it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.