Hybrid Rotor/Fixed wing questions

Home Forums Construction Hybrid Rotor/Fixed wing questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rob Baechtel
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Just in the design phase of my cockpit sim. I want to build a full immersion sim with helo controls (As350B3) on the right and fixed wing loosely based on C182 on the left. I already have the controls for both. I envision 2X 32″ curved monitors for forward view, 2X 32 inch side views and at least 2 separate smaller screens for panels. I have 3 networked quad core pcs with 16 gig sdram in each with ssd hard drives to power it.  Any suggestions on what OS I should use, Windows 10 or older? What sim program would work best, FSX or Xplane11? I don’t need both sides to operate at the same time.  I am a TFO (Tactical Flight Officer) in a large Metropolitan Police Departments helicopter unit, and also fly fixed wings for pleasure. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Can’t speak as much for FSX, but X-Plane makes multi-PC use quite easy. The settings make it simple to have one PC the master, and then you run XP on the others and tell the master that they are driving display monitors. I use Windows 10 and have no problems with it other than needing to turn off it’s auto-update feature so that it doesn’t burn CPU cycles downloading updates while I’m flying …

N15JG On PilotEdge

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.