GA Center Console

Home Forums Construction GA Center Console

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tony
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

So happy we are heading into fall I get to start working on my simulator again!  I usually take time off during the warmer months and don’t have as much time.  This past weekend I started working on the center console for my GA simulator project.  Looking to put a throttle quadrant on top and two trim wheels in the column for vertical and horizontal trimming.  I also have a fuel selector and shutoff panel from desktop aviator (Model 2395) that will go in the lower half of the console.

With that said figured I would post pictures of my progress so that others can get ideas for their own builds.

center console frameCenter console side panel

Alan
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

looks good

Tony
    Participant

Thanks Alan!

I’ll add another updated picture from a little more work I put in once I get a chance.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Tony.
    Tony
    Participant

Looking to finish this up over the weekend if time permits. Here is the current status of the console.

Tony
    Participant

Decided to go with a single trim wheel this time around instead of two. I have the face plate for two but since the saitek trim wheels are hard to obtain I decided to stick with a single one. Did a bit more work today and got quite a bit further.

Alan
    Participant

Excellent! I think I am going to build something similar for mine. I am going to try to create a Baron 58 cockpit but I have a very limited budget so I am just buying a few pieces here and there.

Tony
    Participant

Excellent! I think I am going to build something similar for mine. I am going to try to create a Baron 58 cockpit but I have a very limited budget so I am just buying a few pieces here and there.

<input type=”hidden” value=”3040″ />

<span class=”vortex-p-like-counter 3040″>0</span>

I am very much in the same position.  Most of the parts in the console I have been buying over the past year.  No way can I afford to buy all at once.  Just keep at it you will get there!

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Really great work. For others considering a center console I posted my plans a while back. You may find them here (although it’s not as pretty as Tony’s!):

Center Pedestal Console Plans (An Early Holiday Gift For You)

N15JG On PilotEdge

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.