Decision time – Yoke

Home Forums Avionics & Controls Decision time – Yoke

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Hanan Moiseyev
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

OK, so I am in the decisions time…
    since the saitek yoke is great only for the right seat 😉 I am now pondering about Yoko Yoke or Brunner FFB yoke.

The prices are high for one and even higher for the second, but I really want to have a great simpit.

So, is FFB worth the money?

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

I have not used the Brunner, but I see it is 1,000 Euro more than the Yoko. I can tell you that I am extremely happy with the Yoko. There is real tension on the yoke, and it feels very similar to me to flying a real-world piston aircraft especially during landing as you really need to “pull” on the airplane during flare. If my trim wheel isn’t working and I need to hold the airplane at a particular up or down pitch, my arms get tired. And the build quality is world class.

Personally, with the Yoko I feel no need for force feedback. If you’re willing to drop 1,800 Euro on a yoke, I’d get two Yokos and save a couple hundred.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Hanan Moiseyev
    Participant

I tried a FFB yoke once in my life and the feeling was extremely accurate, especially regarding how much to trim. I won’t be buying two Yoko’s since I don’t feel the need to spend, it’s just the need for an accurate flight sim.

If money wasn’t the issue, won’t you take a FFB?

Hanan Moiseyev
    Participant

I have just found out that IRIS reduced their price lately: https://vs3.irisdynamics.com/product/idl-20004-dragonflyvr-flight-yoke/

Anyone knows anything about them?

Dennis Wierzbicki
    Participant

I recall the trials and tribulations of the Iris yoke’s development. IIRC, the price is almost 4X what it was when they first publicized their product on Kickstarter, and after spending close to $1,000, you still need to spend another $250 for a yoke handle.

I get how important the yoke is to the overall realism of a flight sim, but $1,250 is a LOT of money.

Hanan Moiseyev
    Participant

ok, so are we all pro YOKO?

Dennis Wierzbicki
    Participant

If I were to spring (pun intended) for a new yoke, I’d get the Yoko. For now, though, I’ll stick with my modded Saitek (modded to take away the dead zone and center position detent).

Hanan Moiseyev
    Participant

If I were to spring (pun intended) for a new yoke, I’d get the Yoko. For now, though, I’ll stick with my modded Saitek (modded to take away the dead zone and center position detent).

<input type=”hidden” value=”1884″ />

<span class=”vortex-p-like-counter 1884″>0</span>

My last attempt to remove the springs and replace them with bands in my Saitek moved me to my old CH for a while… Not going to give this a try for now.

Too bad that the Virtual Fly’s website is down…

wanccie
    Participant

Can anyone tell me what the Saitek Pro Cessna Yoke retail price.  I see it selling on Ebay for 1200 dollars.  I thought the retail was 200-250 brand new.?

Dennis Wierzbicki
    Participant

Can anyone tell me what the Saitek Pro Cessna Yoke retail price. I see it selling on Ebay for 1200 dollars. I thought the retail was 200-250 brand new.?

<input type=”hidden” value=”1886″ />

<span class=”vortex-p-like-counter 1886″>0</span>

Wanccie, Saitek prices are way outta wack on some sites. Amazon has the yoke/throttle combo for just over $200.

Tony
    Participant

Anyone had a chance to get hands on with the GoFlight yoke?  They have a GA version out now and I have been looking at possibly buying for quite some time.  At roughly $550 it makes the cost a bit easier to handle IMO.

https://goflightinc.com/store/?model_number=GF-VantEdge

Spankybus
    Participant

The yoke

Flightillusions also is making a GA FFB Yoke. No idea how it is compared to the other one. But it is cheaper. Their other products look great, even if they are obscenely overpriced.

fI FFB Yoke Cessna (link fixed)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Spankybus.
    Jasonp
    Participant

I sponsored the Iris yoke during the kickstarter campaign and as a result ended up with five of them. I have traded three of them for a Customsims panel (Being built now) and I still have two of them in my possession. I really think that it adds a high level of realism to my sim flying. Triming the aircraft is way more realistic. You also get feedback on the takeoff roll and gear retraction. One feature that doesn’t exit with the Iris your is the ability to link two yokes together. I think there maybe a my control your control software solution out there that I’m not familiar with.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Jasonp.
    Hanan Moiseyev
    Participant

Thanks for the info Jason.

That’s exactly the reason I am into FFB Yokes.

When I fly the real life Cessna, the most important “feel” I have (and lack in the sim) is that pull/push effort which requires trimming.

I still think that at this point, I should either build my own FFBY or purchase the Brunner, as it has a bigger user’s base AFAICS.

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

For what it’s worth I find the trim pressure releif in the Yoko very realistic. It has tension bungees on the inside and it’s tiring to hold the yoke out of center position.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.