Cessna Cockpit

Home Forums Videos & Photos Cessna Cockpit

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tony
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Hey everyone I have made a bit of progress on my simulator in terms of enclosing it.  My design is in 5 parts.  Part 1 is the original console/desk I started out with.  The next 4 parts are the walls, floor and ceiling all of which interlock and screw together then slide into place around my console.  For me I had to do this for a few reasons.  The room I am using is quite small and multi-purposed as an office as well which forced a smaller footprint than Basement fly guys design (which I love!).  I also couldn’t build the sim in place.  One other reason is that I wanted portability to move to another room in the future so when we add on to our house I can move it without damage.   Anyhow pictures are below and I am still using P3D haven’t been able to get XP11 to where I want it just yet.

Started with:Original Sim

Now I got this:

Finally Enclosed

Few random install pics:

Scot Kelly
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

How large is the tv you have for the forward view?

Tony
    Participant

How large is the tv you have for the forward view?

Only 43″ I couldn’t at the time afford to go larger due to both space and money.  I plan on upgrading to a projector so I can grow the screen larger as I acquire more room over time.

Here is the link to the screen:

LG 43LF5400 43″ 1080p

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

That is so great. I love how compact it is. It fits in a bedroom!

What did you use around the bezels / edges of the side TV cutouts? It looks sort of like the window edging I have in my sim but a bit nicer.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Tony
    Participant

That is so great. I love how compact it is. It fits in a bedroom! What did you use around the bezels / edges of the side TV cutouts? It looks sort of like the window edging I have in my sim but a bit nicer.

<input type=”hidden” value=”1727″ />

<span class=”vortex-p-like-counter 1727″>0</span>

Thanks, yes i am happy with the size though my 6yr old daughter loves to fly and I don’t have enough room for dual controls but once in the air she takes full control and I just watch from behind.  Pretty sure she is a better pilot than me LOL!  🙂

The trim is made for metal edges on vehicles.  I like it because it has metal brackets molded into the edging.  These can be pinched together to hold the trim in place.  link below if you want to look at it up close.

Metal Trim

JeDa
    Participant

Looks great Tony. Very good design, I know from my own experience how hard designing a cockpit is when you dont have enough room. Yours looks very good!

My YouTube movies Click

Tony
    Participant

Looks great Tony. Very good design, I know from my own experience how hard designing a cockpit is when you dont have enough room. Yours looks very good!

Thanks Jeroen!  It was a challenge for sure but I am pretty happy with the end result.  Now time to focus on simulation for a bit and building out my radio stack.  Good times ahead!

Two Mike Whiskey
    Participant

Tony,

That looks great. How wide is it?

(N192MW on Pilot Edge)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.