X-Plane 11 Beta 13

Home Forums Software X-Plane 11 Beta 13

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Anyone using it yet? I plan to install the update today …

N15JG On PilotEdge

Scot Kelly
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

I downloaded it yesterday. I have only had the full version of 11 since Friday. All appears to work fine, but I have noticed that the scenery and sim in general seems to have a “duller” or “dimmer” sort of view to it overall.

Two Mike Whiskey
    Participant

Greetings everyone…………. This is my first post. Before I ask my question, I’d like to give a HUGE shout out to @Basement Fly Guy. I had no idea what a home flight sim could be before watching your videos. Thanks for raising the bar! After seeing Basement Fly Guy and his Son together on the simulator, and seeing the little guy look at the world 3 Dimensionally at such a young age, I have no choice……I’m in!

I am in the process of building my sim. I am buying my last few avionics items before I start the computer build. For those of you using X-Plane 11, have there been any hardware compatibility issues? As of now, I have the full compliment of Saitek Panels, a VR Insight Multi-Switch Panel and about to add the VR Insight GPS V.

Basement Fly Guy, does your Lilliput monitor and GPS software work in X-Plane 11?

Thanks Everyone

(N192MW on Pilot Edge)

atcbill
    Participant

Seems to work pretty well so far. My frame rates with the southern California add on scenery have gone up just a bit and ground handling/taxiing is better but still needs some work. I haven’t discovered any flight problems yet but have only been on pb13 about a day and a half.

Peter
    Participant

Working just fine for me. Have only flown the default 737. Going to try the turbo props this evening to see if they are fixed this. Apparently the Cessna is a bit sticky on the ground due to Austin trying to get the balance between the weathervaning and tyre stickiness. Janov (IXEG) says he has emailed Austin and filed a bug.

I’m running with Orthos @ZL17 (zl18 3kms around airport), HDR, Objects high, 4x on the anti aliasing (can’t remember the four letters and on a train out of London so can’t verify), no shadows, no reflections. Flew from Salt Lake to Denver. Pretty stable 28 FPS. Add-ons – XEnviro/MaxxFX. Running with ForeFlight on the iPad. No rendering issues or artefacts.

chers

Peter

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Welcome, Two Mike Whiskey …

Installed it today and no problems.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Brian Hedrick
    Participant

First post in the forums (they’re great by the way) but have been following the site since I found it just a few short weeks ago.  With the GTN 750 software you’re using, how does that work, exactly, to be moved over to the 7″ screen?  I tried to do this with a tablet and an app (Splashtop Xdisplay) and move over the default XPlane 11 GPS gauge from the default 172 to the “extended desktop” that the tablet was set up as, but it didn’t seem to look or work very well (couldn’t control the GPS with touch, only the mouse worked as if it were still on the main display) and I couldn’t make the gauge fill the entire 7″ tablet display so some of the desktop wallpaper was still visible around the edges.  Might have to bite the bullet and get an actual touchscreen monitor like the Liliput, but was trying to avoid it if I could save the expense (had the 7″ tablet lying around anyway) since the GTN 750 software is a bit expensive itself.

As always, thanks so much for your assistance and insights.  Can’t wait for the official sim build guide (book) to come out.

Cheers,

Brian

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

My GTN runs on a 7″ touchscreen monitor plugged into the PC. I tried running it on a tablet, but had very poor success with the “turn a tablet into a monitor” apps. Buggy and crashed. They may have improved since.

But in XP 11, at least so far, it’s no joy on the GTN. It does not yet drag to a new screen. RXP say this will be fixed eventually. In P3D the Flight1 GTN works great on the touchscreen.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Bob Clement
    Participant

In Xplane 11 do you know how to open gps with the keyboard, , because I download your 172 files for the cessna and I cannot see the gps. thx

Yair
    Participant

updated, and got this nvoglv64.dll updated NV Drive to the latest one and still get XP11 CTD …. thought XP11 is Immune …. lol

Not sure, if the update is the reason, and not sure which direction to point to, is the OS or the Sim to be blamed for …

Yair

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.