X-Plane 11.20 Settings?

Home Forums Virtual Reality X-Plane 11.20 Settings?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

How are you getting this to run silky smooth, because I’m struggling …

N15JG On PilotEdge

James Elder
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

I think I have a similar system as yours.  I am running a 4770k (no hyperthreading at this moment) overclocked to 4.5Ghz, 24gb ram and a 980ti.  Not sure how you upgraded to 11.20, but for now I am running a separate instance and I am just hyperlinking all my scenery.  Here are a my current settings:

In Steam VR settings, Developer Menu,  turn Supersampling all the way down.  Also under Performance menu, uncheck “Allow asynchronous  reprojection and Allow interleaved reprojection”.

Download Oculus tray tool, and set 1.6 or 1.7 Supersampling

Xplane settings:
    I run HDR
    Texture Quality High
    Antialiasing at either FXAA or MSAA + FXAA, depends on weather as MSAA kills frames if there are clouds, but helps with shimmering

Objects set at Medium
    No reflections

It is also helpful to set up a key on your yoke to zoom, which I think it the = key, and one to reset your view to in the pilot seat view, i.e. default view.  You can also tweak some of the config files to re-position where this puts you in the cockpit as I find it puts me to far back from the panel by default.

Ping me on Skype if you need help or want to try a multiplayer flight through VR.  I am on the West coast, so will be online a couple more hours tonight.

Jim

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Thanks so much. I’ve done most of that, save the changes to the Developer SteamVR menu. I’ll try that, along with a deletion of my prefs, and report back.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Also I set the Oculus Supersampling via the debug tool. I presume they do the same thing. And I’m going to ditch hyperthreading as well …

N15JG On PilotEdge

James Elder
    Participant

I think resetting your preferences will help as I don’t think you should have multiple screens showing in the settings.  I will double check what shows on mine.  Yes, tray tool and debug do the same thing, but once you figure out the best settings, tray tool will allow you to create a profile and set that each time.  I have not played with Hyperthreading vs no hyperthreading to do a comparison.  I do have Process Lasso as well, but have not done extensive testing on that either.  Frankly, my frames are pretty good, but I would definitely love to be able to set the objects higher.

James Elder
    Participant

Here is a little trick I found that I haven’t seen posted anywhere.  To edit your default starting position, change the BEGIN_TELEPORT_HOTSPOT SITTING CoPilot’s Seat
    PRESET_XYZ 0.2438 0.42 0.0  settings in the Cessna_172SP_vrconfig file.

Peter Spencer
    Participant

How exciting! We are debating building the cockpit vs. going VR. Each seems to have their specific benefits. Looking forward to some interesting videos about this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.