Which network are you flying?

Home Forums The Hangar Which network are you flying?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hanan Moiseyev
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Hi,

Since the FlyWithMe forum is now opened, I think that it is interesting to know on which network everybody are flying.

I used to fly vatsim for years and now I am doing the transition to IVAO, which is more accurate IMHO regarding the communications and procedures.

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

PilotEdge. As real as it gets, available 18 hours a day 363 days a year, and with the Western Expansion it’s a massive coverage area. For me it’s worth every penny.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Yair
    Participant

PE.  I think it is an excellent choice if you keep yourself locally/ west coast, and if you are low & slow     in particular

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

True about low and slow, although with the Western Expansion now there are some jet routes that would keep you in the seat for a couple of hours …

N15JG On PilotEdge

Hanan Moiseyev
    Participant

OK, I want to give PE a try!
    One question though…

When watching the videos here, I see that the controllers are using a different approach to what I am used to in the real life and sim GA flights….

Over here we fly CVFR only, which means you never fly without a controller (in real life).

Where can I train my PE/US COM skills?

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

PE would be the place to do it. They have created a large library of free training videos, and have a series of both VFR and IFR ratings (which are like training missions) that you can complete to build your skills. See here:

Training program: http://www.pilotedge.net/pages/training-program-overview

Free workshops: http://www.pilotedge.net/workshops

N15JG On PilotEdge

Hanan Moiseyev
    Participant

Thank you for the tip BFG!
    I will give them a test flight today or tomorrow, and will try to record it (how do you record the sound with the gopro???)

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Hi. For the GoPro if you go online you can buy an adapter. Mine is aviation dual-plugs on one end and the USB GoPro plug on the other … check Sporty’s Pilot Shop and they should have them.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.