Need your help Built new Rig PC flight sim???

Home Forums Construction Need your help Built new Rig PC flight sim???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bob Clement
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Currently I have I4770K overclocked to 4.2 gig with 16 gig memory g-skill ddr3 and GPU I have GTX 1080 Msi Aero.

Im running with a projector with 2 monitor 43 inch side view + 1 7inch monitor for my GPS I got 25 to 30 FPS on normal city but major urban place drop between 15 to 20 FPS. I dont want to change If I cannot get at least 8 or 10 more FPS by the way for wheather Im running Xenviro. this is my currently Xplane setting and also I put my pc specs thanks to anyone to share your idea or your experience with what you have right now.

xplane setting

xplane setting 2

CPU

Motherboard

Memory

Memory Frequency

GPU

• This topic was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by Bob Clement.
    Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

This is a processor-intensive application and you’re pushing your rig to its limits, as good as it is. Your performance is almost exactly the same as mine. In heavy urban areas I back off the World Objects slider to the middle notch, and if there are heavy clouds I may take Antialiasing down to the second notch from the left.

Yes, you have a strong PC. But XP11 is next-generation stuff, and it will max your performance.

One thing you might look into is this: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/36925-rendering-options-for-xp11/

I ran it today and used it to turn off boats, birds, deer, turn down cars a notch or two, and turn down the density of autogen objects some. I could swear it gave me another 5-15 FPS depending on where I was.

Follow the directions CLOSELY on the install. I won’t be able to help you there …

N15JG On PilotEdge

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Also, be sure to set up the GPS screen as a 2D panel screen in the graphics settings, not a s “full simulator” screen. That will save you some FPS as well.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Bob Clement
    Participant

I order today the new I7 7700K with the motherboard  MSI Z270 gaming M7. Now im looking for my memory Ram DDR4 IT would be the Corsair Vengeance LTX 32 Gig 3200 mhz but im not sure witch one is better 2×16 gig or 4×8 gig let me know please thx.

John
    Participant

Hello Bob,

Some claim that certain MB’s perform better with all slots populated, but I was unable to find any information for your particular MB.  So, I would say just make sure you are using dual channel if you use only 2 sticks.

Also, you will want to have a good power supply to support the new i7 and MB.

John

N916PP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.