Start building Cessna cockpit

OTG Blog Forums Videos & Photos Start building Cessna cockpit

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • Author

Ivo

Hi Jeda,

may I ask what you use for the glareshield top?

in the video of the BFG he named it high density foam, but I can not find any of it hete in Belgium.It has to be something that can be bend en still strong

ivo

Lo wie

Got a small video of my test flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMqko3Todmw

And thinking to build such a seat:

but still figuring out the depth of the seat. Should it be around 40 cm?

Ivo

Thanks for sharing, very nice.

Ivo

JeDa

Hi Louis, great video! I like your panel a lot! My seat is also about 40 cm. I bought an old car seat which I put on a “hondje”, so now it is easy to move. The seat was very cheap, I couldnt have build one myself for that money.

I am still redesigning my panel. I did a lot of work on it. One of the changes was extending the shaft of the saitek Cessna yoke. I have the yokes housing completely behind the panel, you can only see the shaft. It looks better, but the drawback is that the default shaft was to short, so I extended it 🙂

This is a very early wip picture of the panel

My YouTube movies Click

JeDa

This is my modded yoke, I removed the springs and add rubber bands. Very easy job with a great result ;

My YouTube movies Click

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  JeDa.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

JeDa

This is the “hondje”, I put my car seat on it. Very cheap and easy solution;)

Hondje

And this is the seat, it’s from a Peugeot 307 sw. It is not hard to find and fits perfectly on the hondje.

My YouTube movies Click

JeDa

The work is slowly progressing, this mornig I let the AI do a first test flight. Still a lot of work to do, but I am happy with the result so far.

My YouTube movies Click

JeDa

And another one

My YouTube movies Click

Lo wie

Hey JeDa,

Thanks for sharing the pics, really cool. Like your panel too!

Good idea to just use the car seats. Maybe an upgrade for me later on 😉

No updates from my side yet, need to find some time 😀

Louis

JeDa

Some pictures of the progress I made:

cockpit version 1

It has two ipads, and the pro flight yoke. No trim wheel. The yoke is placed under the panel.

cockpit version 2

The yoke is replaced by a cessna yoke and the yoke has moved up so the it is more integrated in the panel. I use a 3rd ipad for the radios and a small monitor for the gps.

cockpit version 3

This is how it looks now. I improved the panel and extended the shaft of the yoke. I also added a bigger monitor for the instruments and radios.

My YouTube movies Click

JeDa

Today I did some testing with rotary encoders and a leo bodnar. It works, but still needs some fine tuning

My YouTube movies Click

JeDa

Hi,

I tried mapping the heading bug to the rotary encoders. I though it was “OBS HSI up” or down, but it doesn’t work…..

does anyone know what key I should map?

Thanks!

My YouTube movies Click

Pedro J Monroig

JeDa, try find dyrectional gyro, i will start my system tomorrow to send you the setting.  If no one send it before i did it and took me time to find it

JeDa

Thanks Pedro, unfortunately I couldn’t find it. Also in Spadnet I couldn’t figure it out. I hope you can help me.

I did my first flight with the new panel. It is still very WIP, I have to align the screen, the camera position was wrong but apart from that it feel way better than my previous setup.

My YouTube movies Click

Pedro J Monroig

JeDa,

The heading bug in the heading indicator (directional gyro) Im using autopilot heading down/up. I m using leobonard board and rotary encoders.

the other encoder is to set the Heading indicator and im using DG sync up and DG sync down.  I scroll down line by line in xplane setup until found the above lines. Let me know if work for you

nice panel, im also redesigning my panel. I have 2 43″ tv for windows and one 40″ for front display until grt my projector. I cant align the. Monitors without losing the depth. And today during some landing test i feel like having cross wind but is not. Is like landing with plane tail to right side.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.