Start building Cessna cockpit

Home Forums Videos & Photos Start building Cessna cockpit

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Brian Hedrick
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Yeah, great result for Max.  He’s sooo much better than his dad ever was.  Can’t wait to watch your flight as Spa is one of my favorite circuits.

Ivo
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Hi,

you can put some masking tape on the bezels, like the one when you paint .

they have glossy aluminium looking tape that reflects like a mirror .

you don’t see the black anymore, just a tiny reflection of the front view.

ivo

JeDa
    Participant

Thanks for the great idea Ivo! I love it!

btw, I have some problems with my YouTube channel. I had to change to a new account. I will have to move the movies over to this new account. This will take some time because you’re only allowed to move 5 movies per day.

this is one of the first movies I did on the new account, it’s the flight back from Spa to Maastricht. Just before I did this movie, I upgraded to the latest windows version. I now run xplane in gamers mode which gave me more fps. As a result of this I was able to increase the graphics settings a bit.

My YouTube movies Click

JeDa
    Participant

Today was a good day! Why? Well, I am a long time F1 fan, from back in the eighties. Being a Dutchman i never had a fellow dutchman to support. But now I have Max Verstappen:) he had a great race today, started 16th in China and finished 3rd, very good result. anyway, you might think what on earth has this to do with flight simulator? Well, it gave me inspiration for a flight. I live in maastricht, a city in the south of the netherlands. I thought it would be nice to fly to the nearest F1 circuit, which is the famous Spa Francorchamps circuit. I didn’t know exactly where it was located, so i had to follow the highway. And during the flight i talk a little bit about the surroundings. I didn’t talk in my previous videos because the mic of my camera is broken (it still is), so the sound is horrible. Anyway, I enjoyed the flight, hope you like the movie

This is the new link to this movie

My YouTube movies Click

Ivo
    Participant

No problem, glad to help.

geen probleem, niet ideaal maar toch beter.

greetings from Antwerp

ivo

Lo wie
    Participant

Hey guys, got my Cessna man cave 🙂

only the airframe, windows and controls are placed yet. The rest still to come.

Using X-plane 11, with a MSI 1080 GTX 8Gb, i7-7700K. But wondering how you did set the graphical settings, all to max?

Louis

With windows

Screens

Construction

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Great work!

My settings are never all to max. I have shadows off, reflections on lowest, and the anti-aliasing one notch down from the top. In urban areas I back off autogen to the middle setting; in mountains I can bump it up all the way …

N15JG On PilotEdge

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

. I now run xplane in gamers mode which gave me more fps.

Hi. How did you tell Windows to put X-Plane into Game Mode? As it’s a full-screen app I can’t get it to pull up the gamer window when I hit the Windows+g keys …

N15JG On PilotEdge

JeDa
    Participant

Hi Louis, great work on your cockpit. I like how you put the frame on the wheels. Great idea! What material  are you going to use for the sides? Wood?

Hi BFG, for me the windows+g key works, although the menu doesn’t show on the main monitor but on my small gps monitor which is connected to the vga output of my motherboard and not to my graphic card. Hope this helps….

My YouTube movies Click

Lo wie
    Participant

Hi Louis, great work on your cockpit. I like how you put the frame on the wheels. Great idea! What material are you going to use for the sides? Wood?

Thanks, it is really cool to build this all. Thanks “Basement Fly Guy” for sharing your graphical settings.

@JeDa, yeah, I put it on wheels, so easy to move if I still need to pick something from the cabinets.

Still thinking what to use, I see some “GolfKartonPlastic” in the move of OnTheGlideSlobe… on the inside probably looking for some kind of fabric. Don’t know where to look yet. Or starting with some large white fabric (hoeslaken of zo 🙂 )

Next thing to build is probably the Cessna panel. From MDF wood, 9 mm or 12 mm i think.

Louis

JeDa
    Participant

How are you going to display the instruments? I use airmanager on three iPads. Works great. Although I am not 100% satisfied with the result of my panel. I want it to be more accurate and more interactive, that’s why I bought a second hand leo bodnar and some buttons and rotary encoders so I can not only see the instruments but also control them.

Because these buttons and encoders obviously take up some space, I have to redesign the panel again. So when you start building your panel, I would suggest to use two layers off mdf so it’s easier to add buttons or other items later on.

My YouTube movies Click

Ivo
    Participant

You might want to look at this post, I asked the same question about mouse rotary encoders.

https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=520

Mike W
    Participant

It certainly does look better, massively so.  Congratulations and well done for persevering to that extent.

Lo wie
    Participant

Hey,

For the instruments I’m still struggling, but currently using Air Manager, Remote Flight and the G1000 sim version.

Created the panel of 2 MDF plates. 1x 12mm thick and 1x 4mm thick attached on the frontside. Currently no connecters attached, maybe in a later version. Still need to paint them black, but will do that later.

Next step will be closing the sidewalls and roof, still looking where to find the correct material.

Louis

JeDa
    Participant

Hi,

great progress, I really like your panel. I didn’t paint my panel, I use plastic folio which gives a great grey metal look. You can of course choose any color you like. I ordered my folio here:

https://www.plakfoliewebshop.nl/plakfolie/plakfolie-kleuren

At the moment I am also working on a new panel. I will be using airmanager on two monitors, I hope I can show some pictures next week.

My YouTube movies Click

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.