Start building Cessna cockpit

Home Forums Videos & Photos Start building Cessna cockpit

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    JeDa
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Thanks! I realy love watching those videos and i am looking forward to new ones!

Today I added an important part to the simpit: A used carseat which can be folded as well. It is a 7th seat from a Peugeot sw307.

I also added the new bessels. I removed the paint and used black tape and a marker to make them black. It is still not perfect but for now its ok.

My YouTube movies Click

JeDa
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Hi,

in the above video you can see a part of the new chair and also a sidepanel for the door which I got from an old saab. Now the door looks like a door and even has an armrest. I also added the Led lights for the panel. Unfortunately my cessna yoke is broken so i had to replace it with a pro flight yoke, which is less accurate.

My YouTube movies Click

JeDa
    Participant

https://youtu.be/L-Nzm5knCug

I am very happy! I fixed the Cessna Yoke! I replaced the broken pot with a new one and also removed the default springs and replaced them with rubber bands and zip ties. Now it feels much better. I prefer the Cessna yoke over the default saitek yoke because it not only looks better, but also gives you more control because it has a larger movements ( it turns 90 degrees to both sides and it has a longer shaft).

I also cleaned up a lot of the cables and placed the Saitek radiopanel back on the panel. It is on the right bottom side, you cant see it in the video.

If you have watched my previous movies, you noticed that there’s no sound. My old action cam is broken so I am thinking of getting a new one. Any advice is appreciated.

also, my flying in the videos is horrible. Thats not only because i am still learning, but also because i am just testing out the simpit.

The cockpit starts looking better but it is still far from finished. The to do list is still very long:

• new roof for the pit
    • adding screws and other details to the panel
    • fix sound or other camera
    • seat position is not correct, needs to be a bit higher
    • aligning monitors
    • adjust rudder pedals for better control
    • add second yoke
    • add side door panel
    • add additional ipad for displaying engine and fuel instruments
    • adding saitek fip
    • etc

once again, thanks for watching, i hope you like it!

My YouTube movies Click

Bob Clement
    Participant

the front screen it 40 inch? can you put a picture everything shut down please. because I ‘m thinking to change my projector for a 70 inch tv.

Thx

JeDa
    Participant

https://youtu.be/zwgYv0Nc_-w

Hi Bob, i have a 40″ screen. If i could do it again, i would buy a bigger screen. I changed the camera position, is this better? It’s a short flight over my hometown Maastricht. You can actually see Andre Rieu’s home. Its a castle located at the river Maas 🙂

My YouTube movies Click

JeDa
    Participant

This is what I am trying to achieve:

And this is how my simpit looks after a few days of modifying

I changed once again the front window. I think it’s a lot better than it used to be.

I still have to align the side monitors. Also the roof isn’t finished and the air vents are missing. I added a second yoke (hard to see…) and also replaced my rudders for cesna rudders. The throttle has been replaced and I installed a trimwheel.

My YouTube movies Click

JeDa
    Participant

…..and the usual movie. I m still learning to fly as you probably noticed 😉

My YouTube movies Click

Lo wie
    Participant

Hi Jeroen,

great video and progress. Could you share a picture of the position of the panel in front of the front monitor. How much space is there between?

thanks in advance,

louis

JeDa
    Participant

Hi louis,

thanks for watching and your reply. The space between the panel and the front screen is about 10 inches. I will take a picture when the simpit is setup once again. It is completely dissambled right now. It consists of three main parts. The panel which is a small desk on wheels so I can easily move it away, and the two side panels including the screen which are hanging at the roof of the attic. Also these are easy to move. Because of other, non flight sim activities, I dissambled the pit.

Thanks again for your reply!

My YouTube movies Click

Lo wie
    Participant

Hi Jeroen,

Thank you for your reply. Great idea to place the small desk on wheels!

Louis

Brian Hedrick
    Participant

Hey Jeroen –

Great progress and videos thus far.  Quick question…  When your sim is assembled, how do you have the front display attached to the rig?  I like that you can’t see the bezel at all on any of the sides and this is what I am going to attempt as well as I am going with a TV as my front display as opposed to a projector.  I found a brand new 60″ 1080p TV on eBay that I’m planning on using for this.

Regards,

Brian

JeDa
    Participant

Hi Brian,

My front screen is mounted on the wall. The cockpit is located in a very small room on the attic of my house. The back top side of the the sidescreens hangs on the wooden beams of the roof of the house. The front bottom side of the sidescreen are just standing on a small wooden desk I made. On top off this desk, and behind the panel, my frontscreen is mounted on the wall. It is difficult to explain, I will try to make a sketch of it.

An 60 inch screen is a great option! First i had a 40″ which broke, now i got a 58″. Any bigger wouldnt fit in my room. I got the 58″ for less than €600.

Good luck with your project!

My YouTube movies Click

JeDa
    Participant

I did a quick sketch, hope this explains it better;)

My YouTube movies Click

Brian Hedrick
    Participant

That’s great, thanks so much.  For some reason I was thinking you had the TV mounted to the whole unit somehow and not the wall in front.  How far from the front of your front screen is the back of your panel or the front of the sim structure?

JeDa
    Participant

Today was a good day! Why? Well, I am a long time F1 fan, from back in the eighties. Being a Dutchman i never had a fellow dutchman to support. But now I have Max Verstappen:)

he had a great race today, started 16th in China and finished 3rd, very good result.

anyway, you might think what on earth has this to do with flight simulator? Well, it gave me inspiration for a flight. I live in maastricht, a city in the south of the netherlands. I thought it would be nice to fly to the nearest F1 circuit, which is the famous Spa Francorchamps circuit. I didn’t know exactly where it was located, so i had to follow the highway. And during the flight i talk a little bit about the surroundings. I didn’t talk in my previous videos because the mic of my camera is broken (it still is), so the sound is horrible. Anyway, I enjoyed the flight, hope you like the movie

My YouTube movies Click

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.