Smoooooth

Home Forums The Hangar Smoooooth

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Took a simulated flight today in XP11 beta 13 out of Felts Field, Spokane. Ortho scenery (ZL16? 17? I’m not sure), default 172, default airport, World2XP with that new Western US modification, HD Mesh, etc. I have to say it was the smoothest flight I’ve had on X-Plane 11 to date. Frames were 24 (which is about standard for me), and that’s with xEnviro running, but it was silky.

I’m not quite sure why it was so smooth. Just before the flight I:

• Upgraded to beta 13
    • Updated to the latest NVIDIA driver
    • Used NVIDIA Inspector to reset all the GPU settings to the Inspector’s X-Plane preset
    • Changed my monitors back to their default 60hz refresh rate (I’d set them to 30hz back in the P3D days)

I had been getting some slight stutters in turns, but more troubling had been a lack of smooth graphics refresh on the side LED monitors. Today everything was great (as you’ll see on a forthcoming video of the flight). It may have just been the refresh rate. It may have been something else. It may have been everything combined. I don’t know. But it sure looked great.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Jeff
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Question…why did you use the lower refresh rate for P3D? (psssssst…I’m not a tech guy.)

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

The belief is that you get less stutters in P3D if the frame rate and the refresh rate on the monitors match.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.