Simulator Rev 2.0

Home Forums Construction Simulator Rev 2.0

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Pedro J Monroig
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

I redesigned my sim to make it smaller and fit better my short throw Optoma 1080. Not having a UST projector caused issues with my previous setup. Still lot to come but last night test was great. Soon I will have my 3D printer and will make the gauges bezel, will make the radios and continue improving per learning from all of you. I reduced the height and width to dot see the screen edges and have better projection, before part of the image was over my sim roof.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Corey
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

looks great….I am still just “missing” how on earth the side tvs stay put on those 2 10inch 2x4s???  I am trying to come up with a different way to mount them….Any ideas.

All the pics Ive seen on the forum and this site, show the tvs already covered by the plastic sheets, so I dont get to see how they sit….

C

John
    Participant

C,

Mine simply just sit atop the 2 10 inch 2×4’s and the wall panels inside and out hold them in place.

John

N916PP

Pedro J Monroig
    Participant

Mine are same way, I first put the outside wall and then had help holding the tv in pplace while screw the inside wall

C152 Steve
    Participant

Looks great Pedro! The concept shell looks very nice. Can you pleas share dimensions of the cockpit and the required wooden beams?

Pedro J Monroig
    Participant

I will search my files to find the drawing with approximate dimensions and the wood details. I used 2×2 wood and screws. And cover it with cardboard insulation from Home depot.

Peter Spencer
    Participant

When I’m ready to build, I’m thinking about modifying the design to mount the TVs instead. I’m worried that resting them on 2×4’s could damage the screens. I saw some pictures on this site of someone else that did that too. Will share when done but I have a long way to go before beginning the build.

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

I removed the base from my TVs and have no hesitation about having them sit directly on the studs within the frame. The TVs are very light.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.