May 7, 2017 at 9:49 am #2637
my Name is Florian from Germany (sorry for my broken english ;o) and i want to build a flight Simulator Cessna like ontheglideslope with wooden contruction. Now iam not really sure which Monitor or TVs on both sides i build in my Simulator. I think when i am sit in my Simulator and look to the side iam to near to the Monitor / TV so i cant see the landscape in Background very good.
Is this true or i Imagine this ?
A friend of me build in two Monitors LG32MP58HQ (32 Size , full HD and connected via HDMI)
What do you build on the sides.
It is grateful for any Response.
Thank you very much !!
Florian0May 7, 2017 at 2:33 pm #2638
May 7, 2017 at 3:38 pm #2639
- Posts: 69
Thank you for your answer. What Typ of TV´s you have Nr. ? Are TV´s better than Monitors ?
Thx for your answer !
Flo0May 7, 2017 at 7:15 pm #2640
- Posts: 21
Please check the “What’s in the sim” page here http://www.ontheglideslope.net/in-the-sim/ for more details on what BFG uses.
He uses 32″ HD TV’s for his side screens.
N916PPMay 8, 2017 at 7:27 pm #2644
Basement Fly Guy
- Posts: 153
Thanks for your comment and I wish you great luck with your sim. I never mind my LED side TVs. They look great, are never warm or hot, and I have been able to match colors quite well with the front projector.0
N15JG On PilotEdgeMay 9, 2017 at 2:15 pm #2651
Hi. Thank you for your answer. Congratulation for you Simulator. Looks fantastic !!!
You write two led side TV´s and in your page whats in you write Monitors. ??? I think you mean TV´s. Can you give me the full Name of the TV´s Typ so i can find it in Amazon Germany ;o)
Thank you for your answer and your help
Greets from Germany
Florian0May 9, 2017 at 2:25 pm #2652
Oh in Germany in cant find the insignia tv 32 led tv. Can you help me to find a good tv for my flight Simulator on http://www.amazon.de
Thx a lot !!!0May 10, 2017 at 9:45 am #2653
- Posts: 35
Florian, the biggest issues for you are:
- Resolution: should be 1080p, not 720p (most 32″ displays are 720P)
- I tried a couple 720p displays I’ve got lying around, and they are just not high enough resolution
- Video inputs
- DVI (Best, IMO)
- HDMI (Better, especially if you can get a DVI-HDMI converter cable)
- VGA (Not good enough)
- Size and weight: the ability to mount the side screens, either inside your sim’s frame, or on separate
- I have monitor stands I’m currently using. They cost $80 each on Amazon. There are a lot of options for sale in that price range. I just waited for something to go on sale, then pulled the trigger
- BFG mounted his inside his frame. Check out the “What’s in the sim” section of this site.
- How much are you willing to spend? Be ready to spend upwards of $200 for each 1080p screen, and also be advised, it’s getting more and more difficult to buy a screen withOUT being a Smart TV, which is something you don’t need, and don’t want to pay for.
- How much can your video card handle? What type of video outputs does it have?
Hope this helps.
May 11, 2017 at 4:34 pm #2656
- This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Dennis Wierzbicki.
- Posts: 69
I bought SAMSUNG LT32E310EW screen for the side monitors and the samsung-ue58j5200 for the front screen. They are 1080 (full HD) resolution and I use HDMI cables to connect them to my computer.
You can get them here:
They look like this
My YouTube movies Click
September 5, 2017 at 6:24 pm #2950
- This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by JeDa.
- Posts: 4
looks great! I am using ipads for the instruments as well….How did you cover them? Just cut the wood with the circular openings and put it over the ipad?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.