Side Monitors or TV´s – to near ??

Home Forums Construction Side Monitors or TV´s – to near ??

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Florian
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Hello together,

my Name is Florian from Germany (sorry for my broken english ;o) and i want to build a flight Simulator Cessna like ontheglideslope with wooden contruction. Now iam not really sure which Monitor or TVs on both sides i build in my Simulator. I think when i am sit in my Simulator and look to the side iam to near to the Monitor / TV so i cant see the landscape in Background very good.

Is this true or i Imagine this ?

A friend of me build in two Monitors    LG32MP58HQ   (32 Size , full HD and connected via HDMI)

What do you build on the sides.

It is grateful for any Response.

Thank you very much !!

Greets

Florian

JeDa
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Hi Florian,

I have two TV’s for the side view. They run at 1920×1080 which is enough for a clear view. Both TVs are Samsung, they were not expensive at all and they do a great job!

See this movie https://youtu.be/2Y6SNV1xdRw

Good luck with your plans!

My YouTube movies Click

Florian
    Participant

Hi.

Thank you for your answer. What Typ of TV´s you have Nr. ? Are TV´s better than Monitors ?

Thx for your answer !

Flo

John
    Participant

Hello Florian,

Please check the “What’s in the sim” page here http://www.ontheglideslope.net/in-the-sim/ for more details on what BFG uses.

He uses 32″ HD TV’s for his side screens.

John

N916PP

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Florian,

Thanks for your comment and I wish you great luck with your sim. I never mind my LED side TVs. They look great, are never warm or hot, and I have been able to match colors quite well with the front projector.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Florian
    Participant

Hi. Thank you for your answer. Congratulation for you Simulator. Looks fantastic !!!

You write two led side TV´s and in your page whats in you write Monitors. ??? I think you mean TV´s. Can you give me the full Name of the TV´s Typ so i can find it in Amazon Germany ;o)

Thank you for your answer and your help

Greets from Germany

Florian

Florian
    Participant

Oh in Germany in cant find the insignia tv 32 led tv. Can you help me to find a good tv for my flight Simulator on http://www.amazon.de

Thx a lot !!!

Dennis Wierzbicki
    Participant

Florian, the biggest issues for you are:

• Resolution: should be 1080p, not 720p (most 32″ displays are 720P)
      • I tried a couple 720p displays I’ve got lying around, and they are just not high enough resolution
    • Video inputs
      • DVI (Best, IMO)
      • HDMI (Better, especially if you can get a DVI-HDMI converter cable)
      • VGA (Not good enough)
    • Size and weight: the ability to mount the side screens, either inside your sim’s frame, or on separate
      •  I have monitor stands I’m currently using. They cost $80 each on Amazon. There are a lot of options for sale in that price range. I just waited for something to go on sale, then pulled the trigger
      • BFG mounted his inside his frame. Check out the “What’s in the sim” section of this site.
    • How much are you willing to spend? Be ready to spend upwards of $200 for each 1080p screen, and also be advised, it’s getting more and more difficult to buy a screen withOUT being a Smart TV, which is something you don’t need, and don’t want to pay for.
    • How much can your video card handle? What type of video outputs does it have?

Hope this helps.

Dennis

JeDa
    Participant

Hi,

I bought SAMSUNG LT32E310EW screen for the side monitors and the samsung-ue58j5200     for the front screen. They are 1080 (full HD) resolution and I use HDMI cables to connect them to my computer.

You can get them here:

Click

https://www.amazon.de/Samsung-T32E310EW-Monitor-Reaktionszeit-schwarz/dp/B00X9FFSQY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494538799&sr=8-1&keywords=SAMSUNG+LT32E310EW

They look like this

Good luck!

My YouTube movies Click

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by JeDa.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by JeDa.
    Corey
    Participant

looks great!  I am using ipads for the instruments as well….How did you cover them?  Just cut the wood with the circular openings and put it over the ipad?

Thanks,

Corey

Tony
    Participant

Now iam not really sure which Monitor or TVs on both sides i build in my Simulator. I think when i am sit in my Simulator and look to the side iam to near to the Monitor / TV so i cant see the landscape in Background very good. Is this true or i Imagine this ?

Florian,

Your not imagining this.  I have a similar issue.  The problem is not just with how close you are or if the TV/Monitor is in 1080P but rather its an issue with the pixel format your sending to the screen.  Of the 3 screens I have in my simulator (Left, Center, Right) I can get only two of them to utilize Pixel format 4:4:4 which makes the image look really good.  The 3rd monitor I can’t even get the option so for me I think its a limitation of my r9 290 video card.  Maybe look and confirm that all of your monitors are in a higher Pixel format otherwise it will look pixelated, over saturated in color and hard to see.

-Tony

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.