May 7, 2017 at 9:49 am #2637
my Name is Florian from Germany (sorry for my broken english ;o) and i want to build a flight Simulator Cessna like ontheglideslope with wooden contruction. Now iam not really sure which Monitor or TVs on both sides i build in my Simulator. I think when i am sit in my Simulator and look to the side iam to near to the Monitor / TV so i cant see the landscape in Background very good.
Is this true or i Imagine this ?
A friend of me build in two Monitors LG32MP58HQ (32 Size , full HD and connected via HDMI)
What do you build on the sides.
It is grateful for any Response.
Thank you very much !!
FlorianMay 7, 2017 at 2:33 pm #2638
May 7, 2017 at 3:38 pm #2639
- Posts: 73
Thank you for your answer. What Typ of TV´s you have Nr. ? Are TV´s better than Monitors ?
Thx for your answer !
FloMay 7, 2017 at 7:15 pm #2640
- Posts: 29
Please check the “What’s in the sim” page here http://www.ontheglideslope.net/in-the-sim/ for more details on what BFG uses.
He uses 32″ HD TV’s for his side screens.
N916PPMay 8, 2017 at 7:27 pm #2644
Basement Fly Guy
- Posts: 228
Thanks for your comment and I wish you great luck with your sim. I never mind my LED side TVs. They look great, are never warm or hot, and I have been able to match colors quite well with the front projector.
N15JG On PilotEdgeMay 9, 2017 at 2:15 pm #2651
Hi. Thank you for your answer. Congratulation for you Simulator. Looks fantastic !!!
You write two led side TV´s and in your page whats in you write Monitors. ??? I think you mean TV´s. Can you give me the full Name of the TV´s Typ so i can find it in Amazon Germany ;o)
Thank you for your answer and your help
Greets from Germany
FlorianMay 9, 2017 at 2:25 pm #2652
Oh in Germany in cant find the insignia tv 32 led tv. Can you help me to find a good tv for my flight Simulator on http://www.amazon.de
Thx a lot !!!May 10, 2017 at 9:45 am #2653
- Posts: 36
Florian, the biggest issues for you are:
- Resolution: should be 1080p, not 720p (most 32″ displays are 720P)
- I tried a couple 720p displays I’ve got lying around, and they are just not high enough resolution
- Video inputs
- DVI (Best, IMO)
- HDMI (Better, especially if you can get a DVI-HDMI converter cable)
- VGA (Not good enough)
- Size and weight: the ability to mount the side screens, either inside your sim’s frame, or on separate
- I have monitor stands I’m currently using. They cost $80 each on Amazon. There are a lot of options for sale in that price range. I just waited for something to go on sale, then pulled the trigger
- BFG mounted his inside his frame. Check out the “What’s in the sim” section of this site.
- How much are you willing to spend? Be ready to spend upwards of $200 for each 1080p screen, and also be advised, it’s getting more and more difficult to buy a screen withOUT being a Smart TV, which is something you don’t need, and don’t want to pay for.
- How much can your video card handle? What type of video outputs does it have?
Hope this helps.
May 11, 2017 at 4:34 pm #2656
- This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Dennis Wierzbicki.
- Posts: 73
I bought SAMSUNG LT32E310EW screen for the side monitors and the samsung-ue58j5200 for the front screen. They are 1080 (full HD) resolution and I use HDMI cables to connect them to my computer.
You can get them here:
They look like this
My YouTube movies Click
September 5, 2017 at 6:24 pm #2950
- This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by JeDa.
- Posts: 14
looks great! I am using ipads for the instruments as well….How did you cover them? Just cut the wood with the circular openings and put it over the ipad?
CoreyOctober 16, 2017 at 1:27 pm #3012
- Posts: 27
Now iam not really sure which Monitor or TVs on both sides i build in my Simulator. I think when i am sit in my Simulator and look to the side iam to near to the Monitor / TV so i cant see the landscape in Background very good. Is this true or i Imagine this ?
Your not imagining this. I have a similar issue. The problem is not just with how close you are or if the TV/Monitor is in 1080P but rather its an issue with the pixel format your sending to the screen. Of the 3 screens I have in my simulator (Left, Center, Right) I can get only two of them to utilize Pixel format 4:4:4 which makes the image look really good. The 3rd monitor I can’t even get the option so for me I think its a limitation of my r9 290 video card. Maybe look and confirm that all of your monitors are in a higher Pixel format otherwise it will look pixelated, over saturated in color and hard to see.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.