Saitek FIP

Home Forums Avionics & Controls Saitek FIP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brian Hedrick
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Hoping someone can assist.  I recently acquired an FIP and have been trying to get it to work with X-Plane 11 with no success.  I’ve tried the Saitek PlugIn and Spad.neXt (SN) and although I can get gauges to show up on it in SN, nothing happens when I actually go in to XP.

any help from anyone would be appreciated.

Happy flying!

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

First, you need the SPAD.neXt X-Plane edition. Make sure you have it and not vanilla SPAD. Second, you keep running SPAD.neXt when you run X-Plane, yes? Do not close it. And in SPAD you have configured it to talk to X-Plane? You do this under the Simulators section of the SPAD configuration settings …

See more here: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/discover/x-plane-edition.html

N15JG On PilotEdge

Shawn
    Participant

In spad.next (xplane 11) is there any way to configure the Saitek FIP so it turns on when the Avionics Master is flipped on and turns off when the avionics master is off?

Thank you.

Hanan Moiseyev
    Participant

yes, set the FIP in spadnext to use aircraft power

Emil W
    Participant

Hello, I’m new to X-Plane and all the equipment. Is the SPAD.neXt, best for controlling all the Saitek controllers, ie. ( yoke, radio, autopilot…)? I do see that xplane.org has a FIP addon as well.

Which one is better for connecting the panels to X-Plane 11?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Emil W.
    Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

I prefer SPAD.next as it gives me much greater ability to customize and program the FIPs and other gear. I have one of the FIP dials, for example, set to turn the Com radio volume up or down. For me it’s been worth the money.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.