RemoteFlight on Windows 10

Home Forums Software RemoteFlight on Windows 10

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Dennis Wierzbicki
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Hey, guys. I’d been using RemoteFlight (iPad app) for my radio stack and occasionally for my 6 pack on my old MacBook Pro with X-Plane 10. It was pretty easy to get RemoteFlight Server up and running, and get the RemoteFlight Server plug-in installed. I’ve just acquired a Windows 10 machine, purchased expressly for running X-Plane 10. Now, however, I can’t get the dang thing to work. I’ve downloaded and installed RemoteFlight Server and something called “XPUIPC”, but try as I might, I can get the plug-in installed, can’t figure out the moving targets that are IP addresses, etc. This reminds me why I dislike Windows computers so much.

This is what the XPUIPC web site says:

Ok, then X-Plane came along the way. Natively it has two possibilities to access flightsim values:
    -Via UDP datagrams on a IP interface

-Via datarefs from a plugin; A plugin is like a dll running in the context of X-Plane.
    And then I thought wouldn‘t it be nice to use the MS FS addons with X-Plane….. To achieve that I created the XPUIPC plugin. To the outside world it has the same IPC interface like FSUIPC and I coded the same offsets into it, means under offset 0x570 + 8 byte you will find the same value like in MS FS. So if you fire up your favorite MS FS FSUIPC addon it will most likely work with X-Plane again. The XPWideClient is the pendant to the WideClient of Peter Dowson.

At first I chalked this up to a language thing, as the author isn’t native English speaking…then I dug further and realized this is just not easy to understand – period.

Any suggestions?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.