Our project

Home Forums Construction Our project

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hamster1974
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi guys, from the UK.</p>

I’m sean, and I’m a civilian instructor with the RAF Air Cadets in my spare time.  In January this year I was tasked with building a simulator as an upgrade to our desktop unit we teach our cadets on.  After weeks of searching I came across this website and it has inspired us to build our very own.  I downloaded the plans and got building this very weekend with our cadets.  We have only put in 5 hours work so far.  Still a way to go but it’s looking good so far.

My burning question is with the display I’m also doing 2 x32″ monitors and a projector.  In the basement sim, do you use a triple head2go or multiple GPU? (Our flight computer currently uses 2 nvidia GTx 1070)

Sean (229 sqn air cadets)

• This topic was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by hamster1974.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by hamster1974.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    John
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Hello Sean,

According to the in-the-sim page BFG is using just an nvidia card.

Best of luck with the sim!

John

N916PP

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Looks great and I love that the site is helping with your instruction!

John is correct – I run everything off a single GTX980ti card. If anything I think I’m more CPU limited than GPU limited. I don’t use triple head, just the multi-monitor features internal to P3D and X-Plane.

N15JG On PilotEdge

hamster1974
    Participant

@BFG,

our construction is moving apace, so far the only difference between your plans and our construction is that our pit is 10″ wider, to accommodate 2 rather large Jaguar Land Rover seats, that Jaguar Land Rover have donated.

I have a very quick question for you, your side monitors you state are 32″ LCD monitors, but I’ve chucked in the model details and Amazon show that they are 32″ HDTV’s, I’m then assuming you’re actually using HDTV’s for the side screens not monitors?

Sean

hamster1974
    Participant

Hi guys,

Well we are 15 build hours in and this is the current state of our build.  Well we are actually a little further forward, the interior walls are in on the starboard and port side of the cabin, but the dash is off as I’m not happy with it.

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Looks fantastic. I love those seats!

N15JG On PilotEdge

John
    Participant

Hello hamster1974,

Would you please give some details on your seats and the wooden mounts below; ie: seat make and height of the wooden mounts?

Thanks,

John

N916PP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.