GPS 520

Home Forums Avionics & Controls GPS 520

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jeff
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

I was hoping to make a GPS 520 for my simulator. I was thinking of using an android 7 inch touchscreen tablet. It has a usb connector so I can connect it to the computer that way. I was thinking I could bring up the GPS screen ingame, then undock it and move it to the tablet. Does anyone know if this is even possible? I know the GPS can be undocked. But are there any issues with making an android tablet display something from a windows simulator?

I was also wondering, and this is probably a question for Basement flyguy; if you use that flight 1 software to make your GPS work ingame, how well does it work with X-plane 11? I saw that software was only for FSX and Prepar3d. And since they want $49 for each sim, that would be at least $100 for software to make your GPS work! WOW! now that’s pricey!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Jeff.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Jeff.
    Robert
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Jeff go to the google play store and look up the app called “iDisplay”. This might work for you along with the needed driver for your pc. Good luck.

Jeff
    Participant

Thank you for the suggestion. I’ll give it a try though they have disabled USB for now due to problems. But wireless is still available.

PS. I also meany GPS 530. Senility is creeping up…

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Jeff.
    Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Hi. The F1 750 for P3D is fantastic and works great on the touchscreen monitor. The RealityXP version for X-Plane is also supposed to be great, but as yet I’m unable to drag it to another monitor, so I can’t say how well it really works. RXP says thy know of the issue and that it will be resolved soon / when XP11 is out of beta.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Spankybus
    Participant

I am currently designing/building a GPS530 interface for XP11 using 3d printing. Will work via ArdSimX

3d design guns 530

Assembly test

I am using a 5″ screen marketed for raspberry Pi usage (Amazon, 35 bucks, I think. Can provide link if interested). Using it as an extra monitor and dragging the pop-up 530 GUI unto it.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Spankybus.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Spankybus.
    Spankybus
    Participant

Hey Jeff,

Not sure if yer still trying to build one of these yourself, but maybe something I did to build mine would be helpful  t0 you.

My GNS 530

Enjoy <<clicky

Jeff
    Participant

Very nice spanky! I read your article, sounded like a LOT of work. But I’m glad its paid off for you.

Spankybus
    Participant

It was, mate. Mostly because all of that stuff was new to me, well, the electronics and 3D printing.

If you have the means, this guys makes and sells them. Cannot speak to how good they are, etc, but they look really nice.

GNMS430/530 stack

530 alone

Pricey, though, which is why I am trying to make all my own parts. either way, its an expensive hobby 🙂

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

F A N T A S T I C work, Spanky! I am amazed at your work. Self built! Awesome.

Let me know when you start production. I don’t know of the Reality XP GTN 750 is ever going to be capable of being dragged over to my touchscreen 🙁

N15JG On PilotEdge

Spankybus
    Participant

You got it, BFG. I still need to iterate the printed assets some more, so they come together with a bit less sanding and filing.

Thanks for the kind words. It’s been a process but actually having it work at the end is just a great feeling lol

So far in x-plane, I’ve really only flown the C172 and the baron. I’ve goofed off with a few other birds but just for short fun. Nothing with anything more advanced that the 530.

however, my cockpit will be modular, specifically, the cockpit panel facades. Eventually I will also have a G1000 variant…I hope lol

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.