Finally geting a start.

Home Forums Construction Finally geting a start.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Skyward
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

I’ve been so busy with work and working on my instrument that getting the time to work on the sim is tough.   I have the frame and panel done and now ready to cut holes for avionics.

Couple of questions…. How do you hold the iPad in place?  How far in from the far left edge of the panel is the hole for the yoke?  Thanks and thanks for your site!

• This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Skyward.
    Andrew Lawrence
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Not sure that I can answer your question, but I have one for you.  Right now I am using the virtual panel on my setup, mostly because of the cost of instruments.  Are you using the iPad for all your instruments, and radios?

Looking at options for the future.  🙂

Skyward
    Participant

Thanks.  It appears the BFG has his iPad mounted on the back of the panel.  Just was wondering whats holding it in place.  I plan on using the iPad with Remote Flight for the 6 pack and another for radios.  I will likely buy the Garmin 530 from Real Sim Gear.  I have two of the FIP’s,  switch and radio panels, rudders, pro yoke with throttle quadrant and trim wheel.  Gonna stay away from VR for awhile as I’m working on my instrument rating real world.  Trying to figure out how far in on the panel do I make the cut for the saitek yoke or just eyeball the thing in.

Andrew Lawrence
    Participant

Since I am using the virtual panel right now, I kind of lined up the yoke with the yoke on the panel.  Might be a way to get the left/right position.

VR is great, but the resolution is not there yet.  I have a Rift, and it is good, but it is hard to see things in the distance.  The new Pimax 5K+ looks like it may improve things a lot.

Here are a couple of pictures of my setup, maybe it will help, maybe not.  🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Skyward
    Participant

Sorry for the late tag.  For some reason im not getting notifications of reply’s.  Thanks for providing the images it helps a lot!   What are you using for the front monitor?

Andrew Lawrence
    Participant

Sorry for the late reply as well.  🙂

I am using an older 47″ Visio TV for the front screen.  The width is about 46″, so it is tight for 2 people, but possible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.