Buttons For GNS 530

Home Forums Avionics & Controls Buttons For GNS 530

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brian Hedrick
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Going out to anyone that has built, is building, or is thinking of building their own GNS 530…  Any thought on where to obtain the best looking (most realistic looking) buttons that can be attached to either an Arduino, Raspberry Pi, or keyboard emulator (ala from Desktop Aviator) board?  I’ve only ever seen really small, round buttons but nothing that looks more like the real thing (rectangular).  Not too worried about them having the printing on the buttons to identify which button is which, just looking for something the right shape and size at this point.

Spankybus
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Hey Mate,

Check out my Blog on my GNS 530

For the buttons, I used switched made by APEM. At least that’s who I think makes them. Can get them for Mouser.com

Product Manual for Switched and attachable buttons.

Please note that I 3D printed custom buttons to seat on top of their rouch caps, so my buttons look like the real thing. But the APEN square caps look pretty good and I’ve used those on my Audio Panel.

Can see my KMA30 Audio Panel Blog to see what their rectangular caps look like (they make them with or without LED lights)

Hope it helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.