Building my panel – Arduino and ArdsimX

Home Forums Avionics & Controls Building my panel – Arduino and ArdsimX

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alan
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Well, I’ve begun the process of building my panel. I will be using Arduino boards for my panel. I plan to build an audio panel, G530, radio panel, transponder, and autopilot panels. As of right now I am building these for a Baron 58 cockpit. I have limited funds so I am doing this as cheap as possible. I’ve started on the audio panel. It will be very basic. I plan on building my panel units out of balsa wood as I don’t have access to a 3d printer to build the frames. Hopefully using balsa and coating it with thin CA glue will make the balsa pretty sturdy. Attached is the start of my audio panel (just the inside, it will be framed in balsa wood and then painted black with some small labels to make it look more realistic. Since Xplane 11 doesn’t allow you click the com mic and listen button I am only building the panel to have a button for each. Com1, Com2, Nav1, Nav2, ADF, DME, and MKR. Plus an additional button a light to use for whatever I may have missed.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    AdiSzabo
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Hi Alan,

perhaps you know already this site, but…

http://simvim.com/b58/index.html

this guy is really a perfectionist!

Alan
    Participant

Thanks for sharing, that is exactly the site I’ve been using to learn how to set this up. I don’t know if mine will look like theirs in the end but hopefully it will look similar.

Alan
    Participant

Here’s the update on the audio panel. Finished it using balsa wood and some thin black plastic sheets I found. I need to cut down the depth of it as it will protrude a little too far off the panel. Works great and doesn’t look terrible for the materials used.IMG_0701

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.