Are you running with the projector GT1080

Home Forums Construction Are you running with the projector GT1080

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bob Clement
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

If anyone running with the optoma GT1080 can you post some pics.. because I try to configure mine to get the best field of view thx guys

Matthew Krivanek
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Bob,

This weekend I was working on a flight sim I’m building for my dad. We opted to use the Optoma GT1080. The screen is 21″ from the front of the cockpit. The projector is 42″ away from the screen and is mounted 95″ off the ground. Also, because of distance of the short throw (not ultra short throw) I don’t actually have the cockpit itself centered on the screen–the cockpit is slightly to the left of center, else you could see the edges of the screen. The projector itself is centered horizontally to the screen. The projector mount we built is at ~25 degree angle with shims to adjust the tilt. He didn’t want to mount the projector into the ceiling, hence the mount built onto the cockpit itself. I think we may revise this so that it sits unattached to the cockpit so that movements of the flight controls don’t vibrate the projector.

Matthew

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matthew Krivanek
    Participant

P.S. I also had to play with the keystoning, horizontal and vertical offsets and zoom extensively in order to fill the 100″ screen properly.

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

I, too, had to play with keystoning etc., and also had my projector a bit off-center. I was able to use a setting to shift the image left of center, though, to help with any parallax effect. Worked fine.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Bob Clement
    Participant

Thx very much for your help… I will try this

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.