Air Manager resolution

Home Forums Software Air Manager resolution

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Pedro J Monroig
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

im using a tv as a monitor for my air manager gauges softw are.  I edited the size to fit my panel, when resize the resolution is afected. Example, the altimeter baro numbers are dificult to read. At bigger size resolution is better. Any idea why?

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

Hi Pedro. I’m not sure. I only use AirManager on the iPad. I find the folks at AM to very responsive. You might send them a note.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Dennis Wierzbicki
    Participant

I use Air Manager on a 22″ 1080p TV, and it looks fine. I can read the Kollsman Window with no issue.

You can always increase the size of your altimeter to make it easier to read this.

Going to eventually replace the TV with a touchscreen monitor, and this should improve the resolution further.

What resolution is your TV, and have you adjusted the picture settings to give the best quality image? Also, how are you feeding the video to the TV, HDMI, VGA, etc.?

Pedro J Monroig
    Participant

see when i reduce size happens in 720 and 1080

Dennis Wierzbicki
    Participant

Pedro, I’m not sure I understand. Are you saying you can’t read the Kollsman Window when you reduce it in size?

Pedro J Monroig
    Participant

Thanks Dennis for your help

I cannot read the the Kollsman Window when change default size. If you see the image of the small gauge its resolution decay or degrade. I tried in both 720 and 1080 with same results. I built a panel with 3″ and 2″ in diameter for the gauges, the altimeter simulation is reduced to 3″ which is not so small. See the response from Siminnovations ,

Hi Pedro,

There’s nothing to do about that (the image on the right side), if you make it that small. There’s only so many pixels it can use. If you want to have it sharp, you’ll need to use a 4K monitor.

Kind regards,
    Ralph

prototype

Dennis Wierzbicki
    Participant

Pedro, I think Ralph (good guy, BTW) is being honest with you, and telling you, basically, that if you shrink an image down too far, no monitor will allow you to read the smaller numbers on the gauge. This is a limitation of the monitor’s resolution, not Air Manager.

His suggestion of using a 4K monitor is what I would’ve suggested. However, using a 4K monitor will have several challenges. First of all, this will severely tax your processor (big FPS hit), as you’ll be driving the entire 4K resolution, not just the instruments. This is the equivalence of running 4 separate 1080p monitors, just for your instruments.

Secondly, if you are going to deploy Air Manager on a separate monitor/TV (this is what I do), you will find smaller 4K monitors to be very expensive.

What I do to eliminate the frame rate hit of running a 4th monitor (I have three 1080p monitors running X-Plane 11 off a dedicated Windows 10 PC) specifically for Air Manager is to use an HDMI-based Windows 10 Stick Computer (costs just over $100) on the 4th monitor, running Air Manager, then network this computer with my main computer running X-Plane. This works very well.

So, other than using a 4K monitor just for displaying Air Manager, the only other option you have is to enlarge your altimeter sufficiently to allow you to read the Kollsman Window.

If you are displaying the instrument panel on your main screen(s), you can set up a custom view that zooms in on the altimeter that you can toggle on/off with simple key commands.

pablo
    Participant

Yo he subido mi problema con airmanager, no me funcionan los instrumentos, hay que configurar algo en xplane11 para ello? o solo con el plugin deberia funcionar?
    I have uploaded my problem with airmanager, I do not work the instruments, you have to configure something in xplane11 for it? Or just with the plugin should work?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.