6 Pack vs G1000

Home Forums User Reviews Hardware Reviews 6 Pack vs G1000

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Uriel
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

6 pack with G530 Vs G1000?

What are you guys / Gals  building.?

I’m using the sim to learn IFR procedures ect.

what do you recommend?

Here is a few links of Pre-build set ups

http://www.vrinsightshop.com/shop/step1.php?number=10

http://www.emuteq.com/

http://www.flight1tech.com/Products/AvionicsSimulations/F1Tech1000.aspx

Uriel
    Participant

Deprecated: Function wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/anelson/domains/ontheglideslope.net/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5414

@bfg How do you like the Ipad?

Are you looking into something else other than the Ipad?

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

I like the iPad a lot, and am not looking into anything else. I like to fly a variety of aircraft in the sim, and between the various iOS apps available I’m able to replicate lots of different instrumentation layouts. I could have used an Android tablet as well, but the iPad was handy. I considered using a tablet PC, but there was really no need given the capability (and simplicity) of the mobile apps.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Robert
    Participant

What would you recommend for android tablets?

Yair
    Participant

….IMHO, for flying purposes even those Generic  Made in China will be sufficient, I’m running my Navigation on CHUWI Hi8 4 Core up to 2.1Ghz Hi Resolution 1920×1200 and it works great

Cheers

Yair

Yair
    Participant

…on the Pre-Build be very careful with compatibility, I’m using M- Panel which I would say is almost my best investment, however, when it comes to XP, well VRInsight doesn’t really care about XP, and thus is working via XPUIPC Plugin, it has only partial functionality !

Best

Yair

Uriel
    Participant

Do you have a link to M panel?

Yair
    Participant

Easy 🙂

http://www.vrinsightshop.com/index.php

Uriel
    Participant

I Pad Bezel For Ipad for G1000 for a good price!

http://www.simionic.net/WordPress/

Ipad Bezel

Yair
    Participant

…. looking good and I assume you need 2 iPAD as well, so somewhere at $1,000, I’m wondering if it can be run on 2 monitors over the Local Network  ??

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

That bezel is sweet.

N15JG On PilotEdge

Dennis Wierzbicki
    Participant

Sweet, yes. Good price? That’s a relative term, even if you already have an iPad.

If one doesn’t have an iPad, prices on touch-screen LED panels have come WAY down in the last couple years. For just over $200, you can get a 22″ touch screen monitor (see image) and can run Air Manager in its touch-screen input mode. If you’re worried about running another application on your PC/Mac, and having it affect your frame rate, you can spend another $100 on a stick computer for the touch-screen monitor, and network it with your main PC/Mac.

a 22″ 16×9 monitor is big enough to run pretty much every instrument on an analog C172’s panel except the radio stack. For this, I’m using RemoteFlight on my iPad Air, but if I didn’t have an iPad, could run another (smaller) touch-screen LED just for the radios/comm from Air Manager.

Don’t get me wrong, I would LOVE the tactile feel and realism of turning actual knobs and switches, but that comes at a fairly high cost, IMO.

The objective I’ve had in mind as it pertains to instrument operation, is I’d like to eliminate using a mouse as much as possible, as I feel this detracts more from the realism of the sim than almost any other PC hardware or software compromise we face.

Yair
    Participant

.I’m running AM on seconders Rig, and I”m +1 with you on eliminating the mouse and Keyboard for max immersion, however, it is not that easy particularity when it comes to X-plane to make them all work as desired.

Robert
    Participant

Thanks for the advice, my bad, i actually was wondering what was recommended for android apps because i think air manager is only available for ipad and pc. I have a Galaxy S 10.1 and would work great for a six pack setup.

Basement Fly Guy
    Keymaster

Last time I checked the Google Play store there were more than a few options for instrumentation running with X-Plane. Do a search in the Play store and you should come across them …

Like this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xplanesteamgaugespro&hl=en

And here’s a PFD: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=st.crosscheck.xplanepfd&hl=en

N15JG On PilotEdge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.